Saturday, April 9, 2011

MEME

This meme was out there about a week ago and I saved it for today (I didn't want to think for a day).  So here we go, and if you want to be tagged by this...consider yourself tagged. 


1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up.
DH, my computer, my maps of Middle Earth, my Griffin (Grizelda) and my stuffed llama (what? You mean to tell me not everyone has a stuffed llama?)

 
2. How many times have you changed your hairstyle in the past five years?


Zero, zilch, nada. I let my hair grow. I cut it when my mother died because it is what we do in the tribe, but after that, I let it grow back again. Now it’s back to waist-long in the back and platinum blonde – I adore long hair on females and on males.

 
3. Provide a completely useless fact about yourself.


For more than fifteen years, I refused to wear socks. I went barefoot, even in my show shoes and boots. I finally started wearing socks again about five years ago – a concession to age, I guess.



4. What's your favorite anime?


I don’t do anime, don’t read it, don’t understand it. I’m sure there is some good anime out there, but with the possible exception of the one that Olorime listed last week, I really don’t know any answer to this.


5. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what/where are they? If not, what would you get?


Absolutely! Best thing I ever did for myself. Two so far (note, that’s so far): One for the Goddess at the back of my neck, and a modern dragon just above my ass. I want two more.


6. What's your favorite mystical creature?


Elves are real, aren’t they? So if not elves, then I’d have to go for dragons. I have them all over my house, probably more than 200 by now. Love them (they are evil in Tolkien, but my dragons are nice. 

 
7. What are you thinking about right now?


That my email isn't working properly on my main account (sigh)....

 
8. Write the first word that comes to mind.


Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. (no spell check for that one – LOL)


9. What musician is your favorite to see in concert?


Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Andreas Vollenveider, Santana


10. If you found a wallet with $2000 in it, would you keep or return it?


That’s too much money to keep. It needs to get returned. Someone would really need that much money.


11. What was the last thing that you bought?


Art Models 4 on CD. More material for my drawings.


12. What other countries have you been to (if any)?


England, Mexico. I’m also close to Canada and have never been there yet. Silly me!


13. What are you procrastinating on by filling out this meme?


I should be rewriting my H-A birthday fic and beta-ing the next chapter of Iris’ story. I’ll get to one, but not to the other until Wednesday.


14. Last book you've read?


Just finished “House of God” – recommended by our own Surgical Steel. Great book! On my Nook, have the Silm and Mercedes Lackey along with the Complete OZ books in my active Nook bookshelf.


15. What are you doing this weekend?


LOTR on Sunday afternoon if all works out. Have a horse to get.


16. What is your song of choice RIGHT NOW? The one you select when you kick off your playlist in the morning or whenever.


I don’t have a playlist and my radio is set to Classical music.


17. Favourite movie of the last six months?


Despicable Me, or if that is too old, then True Grit


18. Favorite season?


Autumn


19. Which part of this year are you looking forward to the most?


I always look forward to August. That’s when Ren Fest starts, so my weekends are spend out there from August until late September (or from 90 degrees + until upper 30’s)


20. Best thing this year so far?

Getting brave enough to post some of my own writing.

No comments: