Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spinning Wheels

I've always been quite fond of spinning things - wheels, pinwheels, spinning around in a circle to get dizzy.  Some of my friends would say that I don't need to spin around to be dizzy, that I am already quite dizzy enough in my daily life.  They may not be wrong, but I still love spinning around and then falling on the ground to watch the world spin around me. 

I have several spinning wheels around my home.  I used to do quite a bit of spinning of wool and other fibres, but now my hands are in such bad condition that I wouldn't be able to spin effectively.  I refuse to give up my wheels, though, because they are so beautiful. 


I own four spinning wheels.  One of them looks quite
similar to this one.

But spinning my wheels because of repairs and other vissitudes of human life?  Well, that's a wheel that I really don't like.  I'm dealing with two of those wheels right now.  My refrigerator repair guy will be here again this morning to install two parts that the refrigerator manufacturer recommended for our problem.  It is our hope that this will allow us to get at least another two-four years from our fridge before we have to purchase another one.  The food that is in the current fridge is toast, though, and I'll be throwing out several hundred dollars worth of food and condiments that have gone bad over the past two weeks of refrigerator fighting. 

And my computer is still sick.  I attempted to do what my Guru and I had done the last time when the repair worked, but last night the fix didn't work.  Unfortunately, with the Guru and my schedules this week, the day that I'll be able to talk with him in the early morning and try anything else won't happen until Friday unless he surprises me and phones me today.  So this might be a longer haul than intended and that leaves me with DH's computer here at the house and my laptop at work.  It could be worse, but I'm getting tired of this particular spinning wheel.  I just can't afford a new computer right now, so I have to hang in there and work with whatever fixes I can. 

I hope that your day has no break-downs in it and that all is joy for you today.

No comments: