Wednesday, March 20, 2024

The Trivet Was Collected and a "Bare" Refrigerator - Time to Cook!

The remainder of yesterday, after leaving for the swimming pool, actually went splendidly. I got all of my backlog handled relatively early and had a chance to work on some customer restrings. I had one that I had been stretching silk for, and three that were to be done on braided cable. I managed to get all four of them finished in the early-mid afternoon, contacted the two people about their repairs, and had three of the four repairs picked up by the end of the day. But, the most important pick-up was Cynthia. 




Finally, after a few cancelled appointments 
because of transportation problems, 
Cynthia was able to come to the shop 
yesterday and pick up her trivet repair. 



Cynthia came by yesterday afternoon to pick up her beaded trivet. She was absolutely DELIGHTED, and said I could charge up to $50 on her card, but I told her that I wouldn't accept more than $25 from her - that my friends and I had stepped up for her - that we wanted her to have this one really positive thing and she flashed a beautiful smile. She told me a bit of the history of the trivet that I'll share with you. 




Cynthia was SO happy with her repaired trivet. She's 
extremely thankful for all of you who helped her 
pay for her repair. It's really a lovely piece, and 
hearing the history behind it made it that much 
more special. Thanks to ALL of you once again 
for helping to make her life happier. 



Apparently it's something that her Grandfather made. He died in 1941 "just before the war", and she was born in 1942, so never had the chance to meet him. She said it's almost 100 years old, and that's quite possible given the beads and the history. She's going to have it put into a picture frame and put it onto her wall - a memory of her ancestors and their history. How wonderful! For those of you kind enough to give money towards her repair, now that she's picked up the item, I'll be depositing your checks. I didn't want to do that until she had picked it up. I'm sharing a photo of her with the finished trivet. 




Although my refrigerator is NO WAY this 
empty, it seems like it. I don't have any 
prepared meals available for myself at all 
right now. Time to get something cooked up 
today to carry me through the rest of the 
week (except for my final salmon of Lent 
on Friday). 



Now, it's going to be a very busy day today, and I've GOT to cook. I have no dinners left to grab - everything in the refrigerator has been eaten. Time to restock the fridge, so I'll be spending money and time at the grocery store today. Needs must, as the saying goes. Maybe I'll actually wash off a shelf or two before putting new stuff into the fridge. It could use a good clean. Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: