Tuesday, March 19, 2024

My Day is NOT Starting Out Smoothly - But, I'm Heading to the Pool

Schedules - they can be good, they can be bad, and sometimes they intersect, despite the best attempts to stay apart. *sigh* That's my morning today. I finished my meditation, watered the fountain and settled down to write this, and noticed that my FING was orange instead of green. Now, what's a FING? It's one of my internet walls. It should be glowing green at all times, but it's orange. That's not a good thing, but we seem to have internet connection despite it, so I'm forging ahead. 





I use a Fingbox network security interface - bought 
it long ago when they were first introducing it to 
the market. It's generally available now, but I got 
it as a Kickstarter item. Ir should be glowing green, 
not orange. That's generally a bad thing. *sigh*



Of course, we're also intersecting in our schedules - DH is NEVER up this early, but he is today. He's been having problems sleeping, and I have a tight schedule on my swimming days, so he's in his corner at his computer and I'm in my corner on mine. I have to leave in a little more than 30 minutes, and he can sit there all day, if necessary. At least he's able to get onto the internet, so I'm grateful about that. Still, having my wired firewall orange instead of green isn't a good thing. *sigh*



The finished trivet is definitely smaller than the 
original, she was missing a lot of beads. But, it 
will be usable, and it is quite pretty. I might 
steam it one more time at the shop today. She's due 
in this afternoon. 



So, my trivet lady (who rescheduled) is due in this afternoon to pick up her trivet. I do hope she'll be happy. I didn't want to deposit the checks that friends had sent to cover costs until she had picked up her item, but I'll be depositing them today or first thing tomorrow. Thanks again to my dear friends (and one pet, who contributed from her Milk Bone fund). You are all AMAZING friends. 




According to Google, today is Nowruz, the Iranian 
or Persian New Year, so to those of my friends who 
might be looking for a celebration - grab onto this 
one. Why not? We all need to celebrate now and again. 




So, I can't seem to wrestle my mind into disciplined thoughts today. It may be a hopeless enterprise, so I may give up on clarity of thought and just focus on having a good workout. I need to lose a pound or two - having ribs two Sundays in a row is NOT good for my weight stabilization - too much fat for too many days in a row. It tastes lovely, but it's a bit of overload. Have an excellent Tuesday, I'll be back tomorrow with a more focused post. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.




No comments: