Thursday, March 21, 2024

Snow, Snow Plows and a Movie - Rushed Today!

I actually slept until my alarm went off, and I have to get going to the swimming pool, so this will be a bit rushed today. But ... here we go! 




We've totally escaped winter throughout the season 
this year - VERY unusual. It's going to hit over the 
weekend, however - on Friday and on Sunday. 



We're actually supposed to get snow this weekend - on Friday and again on Sunday, with Sunday being in the several inches group. It's a very late snow - some bulbs are already showing their little heads above the ground! Crazy weather! The one good thing is it won't stick around for a long time. But, it will still have to be taken care of, and it'll be a messy few days. 




We love our snowplows up here in the Frozen Northlands. 
We rely on them to get and keep our roads clear for 
safe traveling. They'll be used over the weekend, for sure! 



I thought you might enjoy knowing which names won for this year's "Name the Snowplow Contest". If you're interested in the full list, you can visit the website dot.state.mn.us/nameasnowplow and check out the whole list. The top ten winners were 1) Taylor Drift with 12,027 votes; 2) Clark W Blizzwald, 6,667; 3) Dolly Plowton (I voted for this one) with 6,315; 4) Waipahinte (Dakota word for "snowplow", 6,266; 5) Beyonsleigh, 6,016; 6) You're Killin' Me Squalls, 5,922; 7) Fast and Flurrious, 5,897; 8) Barbie's Dream Plow (I wonder if they'll paint it Barbie pink instead of the bright orange they use?), 5,787; 9) Oh, For Sleet's Sake, 5,517; and, 10) L'Plow du Nord, 5,503. Did you vote for any of these? I had two that I voted for in the top ten. 




We'd be lost up here in the "Frozen Northlands" without 
our snow plows. We do have a winner in the :"Name the 
Snowplow Contest". The top eight names will go onto 
plows this year. 



Well, as I said, the plows will be out this weekend. We're supposed to get snow on Friday and again on Sunday with 3-5 inches expected on Sunday. DH may have his chance to take out the snow blower for the first time this season. 




I'm looking forward to seeing "Kung Fu Panda 4", 
although it pushes into my sleep time a little bit 
by the time I get home from the movie theatre. 



Tonight, Chickie and I are going to the movies to see "Kung Fu Panda 4". I'm really looking forward to a relaxed night with a good friend and a funny movie. I'll be exhausted, but that's usual for my end of the week stuff. At least I can sleep in until 4:00 am on Friday. Have an excellent day, and I'll be back tomorrow. Slava Ukraini and חיים למען ישראל.



No comments: