Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Guppy Day and Thoughts About Tomorrow

As usual, it's a VERY busy "day off" today with a lot of items on my personal agenda. But, I start with swimming today, so it's a good day. It's always a good day when I'm in the pool. I had a new lane partner yesterday - a guy who was an unknown to all of us. He shared the lane just fine, but he was SLOW.  I swim with guys every now and then, and usually they leave me in their wake without any effort at all. Not this guy. I was lapping him pretty consistently. It made me feel good, even if it was false measurements. He was obviously newer to the sport. 




I do prefer to have my lane to myself, although I share 
when I have to. There aren't that many people who enjoy 
being at the pool at 5:00 am. My friend Rosemary usually 
shares with Gail, I often will be solo, and then, on Wednesdays, 
the "Three Amigos" are in the lane next to me. But I 
heard that one of the "Amigos" has moved to the East 
Coast. The "Three Amigos" may now be the "Two Amigos". 



I'm not thrilled with the book that I'm listening to while swimming, but I'm listening to the series, not just a single book, and I'm sure I'll love the next one, even if this one is "meh". Whether I like the story line or not, I do love the characters and the series, so I'll plod on through this one and be happy when I get the chance to load the next volume. Not every book can be a winner, even if the series is strong and the author is one I like. 




This volume of the series concentrates on a single 
secondary character, and frankly, I don't really care 
much about him. Still, I'll listen to the book and be 
happy when I can move on to the next volume in 
the series. 



It's rather like life, in some respects. We all know to treasure every day, love those we are fortunate enough to love, interact with friends and neighbors, and make the world a better place when we go to sleep than it had been in the morning when we had awakened. We know this - but it doesn't always happen this way. We sometimes come to the end of the day wondering what we did? Or being disappointed in our actions or inaction. But as the saying goes, "Tomorrow is another day" (rather hard to argue with). So take today, make it yours, and look back on the day as you settle down tonight with a feeling of "Yes, I am pleased with what I did today". It's not impossible, you can do it. 




Hopefully I'll get a good swim in today and get the myriad 
of items on my "To Do" list completed before evening. 
It'll be a busy one, but has the potential to be a very 
good one. I hope your day will be successful as well. 



So, as I'm off grocery shopping, working in the kitchen, and working some more on my next Etsy pages, I'll also be thinking about what needs to be accomplished over the next few days. I'll be setting my goals for the week. May they come to fruition - for me and for you. Have an excellent Wednesday, I'll be back tomorrow, and Slave Ukraini. 




No comments: