Tuesday, October 4, 2022

It's Tuesday - My Holiday Cards are Ramping Up

Yesterday was a very busy day at the shop, with one of our newer customers spending several hours choosing a bunch of beads. She'll be back today to purchase the second half of what she chose yesterday. She's a lot of fun - vibrant and very talkative. But she's also a lot of work - she'll look through a bunch of things or pull a bunch of samples, then cull from those. That's actually exactly the way we want customers to choose their beads, but she does it in mass quantity. 




It's been a year when I've had the chance to 
get to know a lot of new people, at the shop, 
at the gym, and online. Since I enjoy 
meeting and interacting with people (at 
least some of the time), it's been a lot of 
fun getting to know new on-line and 
in-shop friends. 



It was a lot of fun getting to know her a bit, though. Over time (and beads), people can tell you a lot about themselves - all positive for the most part. So it was with our newer customer. But of course I had to take care of our other customers also, and had to call DH out to help when I had too many people in the shop needing assistance at the same time. Fortunately, he was able to help one gentleman with bead sizes and other items. 




Aren't these paper plate owls rather cute? LOL 
Googling "Fall Crafts" brings up bunches and 
bunches of crafts for kids, but nothing really 
for adults! Do the cyber gods really think that 
the only ones who do crafting are kids? 
I beg to differ! 



Today promises to be another busy one, but that's all to the good. We're coming in to Fall now, and that's when people start working on their craft projects for the colder months. I'm in the same phase. I pulled out all of my Holiday Card makings for this year's card early yesterday morning and got things staged to the point where I can start working on them today. I also chose the images I'll be wanting to use for 2023 and 2024 and labelled envelopes so that I can easily find them for the coming two years. Now to get started on this year. I'll be painting images for this year, which always takes time, but I'm pleased with my choice of theme for the year. 




Since I'm starting work on this year's holiday card 
this week, it won't be too long before I send out my 
first "call for cards". I have a set number of cards 
available to send to friends all over the world, but 
there is always churn in the list. So pay attention 
to my blog and make sure to answer me when 
I have my annual "call out for cards" posts. 



I'll be doing my first "call out" for holiday cards late this month. For those of you who might be new to my blog, I do a total of three call-outs for cards before I close sign-ups, and I have a maximum number of cards that I make and send. Keep your eyes open on my blog and I'll let you know when you can sign up to receive one. There's always some churn - deaths or unfriending allow open spaces for new people. 




I'm heading out to the swimming pool. Hope all  of 
you have a fantastic Tuesday. 



So, since it's a swimming day, I'm cutting this off here. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Maybe I'll have some time on Wednesday or Friday to drive around and take photos of our lovely changing trees. Autumn is stunning up here in the Northern Woodlands. Be kind and Slava Ukraini. 




No comments: