Thursday, October 6, 2022

Tarot Wraps Up and An Unexpected Family Contact

OK, I've got about 10 minutes to pull this together and post it before leaving for the pool today. I finished up the final session in my "Guide to Tarot" meditation quest today. That was a very long quest, one card of the deck every day.  l learned a lot, and I might do this one again in a month or two as a refresher. But for now, it's on to a new guided meditation tomorrow and for the next few days while I internalize what I learned and continue my journey. 




The course started by going through each of 
the four suits in order, then moved to the 
Major Arcana. So it covered all 78 cards over 
the time, one day at a time. I loved it. 



It's my final swimming day of the week today. It's been a different composition of people, especially on our Wednesdays which are always our busiest day of the three days I am in the water. For years we've had the "Three Amigos" on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I heard that one of them had moved to Boston within the past month, so it was down to two. But those two had been showing up as usual. Until this week, when neither of them were there at all. Curious. 




Most of the funds in my Health Savings Account 
are invested. To get the funds moved over to 
active money that I can access, I had to initiate the 
sale of the dollar amount I needed. The funds will 
appear in my accessible funds within three days 
or so. 



I arranged for funds to be shifted to accessible in my Health Savings Account, and yesterday I contacted the orthodontic office to get a corroborating letter from the Orthodontist stating that straightening my teeth was medically advisable. I have the email in my in-box now and will download it and print it our tonight. I'll set up a folder for DeVoe Orthodontics and be ready to go. Funny thing, though. It turns out that the person in the financial office of my orthodontist, is my former niece-in-law, Holly. We had a bit of a laugh about intersecting with each other when I spoke to her about the letter needed, and I'll see her on November 2nd when I sign contracts, etc. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of her next week when I'm there for molds and measurements too. It's a remarkably small world. 




I haven't thought about my ex-niece-in-law for 
years. It was quite a surprise to find out she was 
in charge of the finance department at my 
orthodontist's office. It'll be nice to see her again, 
but I'm not sure I'll tell the rest of the family 
about this. It wasn't the greatest of times for 
my nephew and his new wife is a jewel. 



So, since I'm running a bit late, I'm closing this down for the day. Have a truly excellent Thursday, brighten someone's day today, and again, as always, Slava Ukraini. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: