Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Broken Toes and Stubborn People

Apparently Chickie sent me a text around midnight, telling me she might have broken up to three of her toes. The cover for her stockpot fall off the stove and the edge crashed into her foot right at the toes. I imagine she's in some pain, and I also know from experience that toes aren't something that get casted - they get taped and you're told to "suck it up". It basically means she'll be completely useless at the shop today, and maybe for a few days, which might cause all kinds of problems for my schedule. 




We're two stubborn people - neither 
of us give way often or easily. I probably 
would have left him decades ago if I wasn't 
so stubborn, and he's had his chances to walk 
as well, passing them by. 



DH has unbent (slightly) and is (slightly) less prickly. But, he's a German/Scotch/Irish stubborn and things will have to work through his system slowly. I'm still not going to eat whatever he tells me to eat. I'll find things on any menu that will work for me. I actually can out-stubborn him, it's just exhausting to have to do that all of the time. As much as I love this townhouse I'm thinking about, I'm realistic enough to know I can't make any moves on it quickly enough and it will be sold to someone else. Still, I can dream, and maybe even set up a tour just to take a closer look. I'll talk to the realtor today and see what's what. If Chickie can't work on Wednesday, that'll be all kinds of problem for me. So with her stupid broken toes, any planning is suddenly up in the air. 




I've been an addict for "The Curse of Oak Island" for all 
nine seasons so far. It's just always appealed to me - hidden 
treasure, pushing the boundaries of known history, and 
a cast of great characters who have tenacity and (fortunately) 
some money behind them. It's always been a Tuesday night 
favorite for almost a decade now. 



Tonight's the final episode of "The Curse of Oak Island" and everything is hinting to a final finding of the fabled Treasure Vault. It's been a heck of a season - starting out with quarantine because of Covid, and ending up with some spot drilling which seems to be turning up with some intriguing possibilities based on water analysis in previous drill holes. I realize lots of people stream their shows now, not bothering with network or cable TV channels, but I'm old fashioned. I like my TV as it is - shows on a schedule, networks, and the expanded choices offered by cable. I'm not really fond of streaming, although there are times when it's handy. Irregardless, I'll be watching "Oak Island" tonight and I can hardly wait! 




Brothers Rick (L) and Marty (R) Lagina have been the
driving force for the Oak Island treasure hunt. It was a 
story that grabbed hold of Rick in his youth and never 
quite let go. The two of them are like bulldogs - clamping 
onto every clue and not letting go until there's a reason 
to change focus a bit. They're as stubborn as DH is, 
but a bit better about moving from one issue to another. 



 So I'm going to stop this a bit early today. I need to mull over what will happen if Chickie is too injured to come to work for a few days. I don't like working solo, although I have done so in the past. It's much more difficult to get bathroom breaks, etc when I'm on my own - I have to be empty, and then lock the front door with a "Back in 5 Minutes" sign on it. Also, it's hard to give the level of customer service we're known for if only one person is helping customers. But we'll see. I'm not sure she's incapacitated yet. *sigh* Life - always curve balls, all the time. Have a great day, I'll be back tomorrow. And, as always, please be kind, stay safe and please wear your mask. 




No comments: