Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Broken Toes and Dreams - Plans and Pretties

Chickie's fourth toe and probably her third are definitely broken. I think the baby toe escaped with a bruising. She came to work wearing her Teva sandals and hadn't even taped her toes up! I found some adhesive tape in the supply cabinet and getting them taped up was the first thing I had her do. She was smart, bringing a camp chair along with her so she could sit most of the time and keep her foot elevated. Since we had a really slow day, she was able to remain seated, working on tying strands of stone in preparation for pricing and putting out on the sales floor. Since that's what I wanted her to accomplish in any case, it wasn't really a problem. I hope she's doing better today, but I know better. Often the second day is actually worse than the first. 




On a positive note, my bush is now fully in bloom and 
it makes my heart sing. I pass by it at least twice 
a day since it's at the edge of the driveway, and I 
always appreciate how lovely it looks. 



I have a 10:00 am appointment to do a quick walk-through of the townhome. I'll be sure to take lots of photos. I've downloaded nearly all of the information I could find on the property and I'm as prepared as I can be. I'm going to try hard to not be too impulsive, but it's hard. I was tossing and turning all night last night, and even a 60-minute meditation for sleep from my favorite meditation guide couldn't help me for long. I gave up on sleep around 2:30 am and if I get a chance, maybe I'll grab an hour nap. Right now the bags under my eyes have bags. I don't do extremely well with only four hours of sleep. 




Here's a closeup of one branch. The flowers are fat, 
multi-petaled clusters - just lovely. As I mentioned 
last week, I have no idea what kind of bush this is, but 
it's my favorite thing in our garden. 



I did take the step of contacting an attorney yesterday to set up a free consultation about what assets I could legally claim in a divorce if I decided to go that route. DH is my one and only, but I'm not sure I can tolerate his ever increasing distance and his habit of ignoring or denigrating everything I say or do for much longer. I need a bit of legal guidance, so I'll try to get an appointment within a week or so. There are questions I have that need to be answered. 




I have lots of questions that really can only be 
answered by someone very comfortable with 
the law and it's querks. I'm not trained in law, so 
I'm not going to trust myself. The firm I chose 
offers a free consultation, and I'm going to take 
advantage of that before moving forward. 



So that's my life in a nutshell. Lots of uncertainty. I have options, and I'm exploring them to the best of my ability. But I'm not so sure I want to exercise those options. Still ... it never hurts to be fully prepared for any/all contingencies. On that note, please stay safe, be kind, and please wear your mask. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: