Friday, April 9, 2021

Two Lectures and a Closed Drawbridge

I had two on-line lectures yesterday, both of which I wanted to watch. I caught the first one - no problem. It was early - starting at 8:00 am. I enjoyed watching it very much and the class was very interesting to me, but I'm not signing up for it. Too much mention of "God" in it. I don't get along well with self-improvement applications that always mention the divine. It's a personal thing - nothing against the class or the class mentor, just my own thing. 




The first class was going to be taught by 
Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith. I actually think 
I could learn a great deal from him, but I 
don't think I'm ready to listen to him yet, 
and I'm already in over my head (time-wise) 
with the two classes I have. I can't really 
spread myself much farther right now. One 
thing at a time. 



The second class, a class in living abundantly, was actually a live broadcast from Britain with Marisa Peer, and it was marvelous ... for as long as I could actually watch it. Given that it started at noon, my time, and I was at work, I knew it was a toss-up. We had been sporadically busy, and it could have continued that way, but 30 minutes into it, I pulled out of the room and shut it down. I had too many people in the store needing help and Chickie was pinned by one customer. Time to get to work. I understand a taped version of the full talk will be available within a week and I'm looking forward to that because there was a LOT of information she was giving out and no real time to write it all down. I'm not signing up for this class either - I have my hands full with the two classes I have going right now - WildFit and Be Extraordinary (which is on my back burner until WildFit is over). I have to admit that her Masterclass in "Rapid Transformational Therapy" was extremely helpful to me a few weeks ago, so I want to hear everything she was saying in this class. 




The second Masterclass was by Marisa Peer on 
"How To Live an Abundant Life" and it was 
unexpected and glorious. It was the first live 
Masterclass I had ever attended and that was 
exceptional. Things moved so quickly though, 
I'm glad the videotape will be available to watch 
later. I was very disappointed to have to leave 
the session mid-way through. 



DH is back to silent mode. There's no real reason for it, but he's not sleeping well (guilt, perhaps?) and he's increasingly grumpy yet again. I'm getting very bored with the attitude. This is NOT what I signed up for years ago. Well, I'll see if things improve soon. Maybe. At least he's not actively angry with me and exchanges words every now and again. 




The drawbridge of DH has been pulled up once 
again and nothing is allowed into his personal 
castle. He's not talking and he's barely 
interacting with me. If I'm going to be alone, 
I might as well be alone on my own, don't 
you think? I'm starting to get extremely 
frustrated. 



On that note, I have a busy day today so I'm going to plug in photos and jump into my first task of the day. I hope all of you have a splendid day and I'll be back tomorrow. And, of course, please be kind, stay safe and wear your mask. 




No comments: