Thursday, April 8, 2021

Slightly Less Hectic, But A Cooking Dilemma To Figure Out

Today is a little bit less hectic ... a little. Yesterday's plan of getting to all three grocery stores before 10:00 am didn't work, but I had managed it by 11:00 am. I now have a refrigerator full of vegetables, new "ogre juice" containers in the freezer ready for upcoming days, and a freezer with bison and beef, ready to defrost and make. I'm leaving turkey tenderloins and shrimp in the refrigerator to cook on Friday. My shelf where I keep my greens is packed full once again, and my produce drawer is stuffed. A welcome change from Tuesday where I was scrabbling to find a green veggie other than that night's salad. 




One of the vegetable items I purchased at the Market 
yesterday was a Coleslaw mix. It was a 12 oz container 
of already shredded cabbages with a small amount of carrots. 
I also bought the same in a Broccoli slaw. I mixed them 
in with mayo yesterday and divided them into four 
portions. Lunch is served! I'll have to try to pick out 
the carrots as I come to them, carrots aren't "allowed" 
just yet, but there is just a very small amount of 
carrots in the mixes anyway. 



I'm in a bit of a dilemma though, and am reaching out to friends here and elsewhere. DH has asked me to make the St Louis Ribs we have in the freezer on Sunday. I'm perfectly fine with that - it's a easy make. I just defrost the ribs, marinade them overnight, and put them into the crockpot to cook along with some bar-b-que sauce. My problem? I'm going to have to separate out the ribs that I want for myself, and somehow manage to cook them separately. I love crock pot ribs - they turn out perfectly and they don't require a lot of babysitting. I don't think I can wrap my ribs in foil to keep them away from all the sugar and other items I don't want to eat. I assume I can oven roast my own portion? If you have a suggestion or recipe let me know. I'll do some internet searching and do a call-out on my WildFit board too. I have no intention of gaining back what I've lost. No, no, no, NO! 




I'm going to be able to put a nice dry rub 
onto all of the ribs, but I can't go near the 
bar-b-que sauce - too much sugar and other 
things I don't want to be eating right now. 
It's a problem for me to solve, for sure. 



I loved getting back to Mississippi Market yesterday, and I decided to actually join the co-op this time. The fee wasn't bad - less than $100 for the year. I get a discount on my purchases, but more than that, I support a wonderful neighborhood business that donates monthly to a variety of excellent causes and foundations. I'm quite happy about my decision. It's another good way to help people in my city improve their lives in many ways. 




The produce aisle at Mississippi Market is extensive and 
quite impressive. I do have to shop both at the Market 
and my neighborhood grocer to get all of the greens I 
want, but I love the selection here, the veggies are really 
fresh and beautiful, and their cremini mushrooms are 
outstanding. I end up with a nice bag's worth every time. 



So, I'm out of here. I have an introductory Masterclass at 8:00 am, and a second one at noon. I doubt I'll be able to see both of them without interruptions, but it was the only time I had available for scheduling them. The first one will probably mostly be OK, but that second one, in the middle of the day will be difficult. Still, I'll get what information I can from them. On that note, I'm out of here. Time for some wonderful eggs and then heading out the door. I hope your Thursday is fabulous and I'll be back tomorrow and as always, please be kind, stay safe and wear your mask. 




No comments: