Saturday, April 10, 2021

A WildFit Success and Thoughts for the Weekend

I had a lot of fun interacting and listening to fellow members of my WildFit "Tribe" on yesterday's zoom interactive call. We had a lot of new faces in the group, and a lot of older "friends" from the program, people who are usually there for the weekly call. I got the support I needed for this weekend's challenges, and gave others positive reinforcement for their own goals and issues. 




I didn't join WildFit because of health issues, but many of 
our group did. To have it work so splendidly for so many 
of our group is outstanding. To hear Harpreet's story of 
success was massively uplifting. 



One wonderful thing ... WildFit is known for its success with Diabetes 2 patients. One of our group came on and told us her blood sugars had been normal the previous day, so she stayed off her medications for the day thinking to see if it was a fluke. On Friday, her blood sugar levels were in the "normal" range once again, and she hadn't taken the daily dose of medication she has had to take for the past 15 years. She ascribes this to the food program we're on, and she was almost in tears as she shared her success with the Tribe. I admit I got a tear in my eye as she was explaining her results and how much this meant to her. What a triumph! 




Diabetes has been growing massively over the past 50 
years. It's expected to jump an additional 55% in less 
than 20 years. Diabetes 2 is curable. But rarely is. 



I know the program is working with several different physicians and institutes for this very thing - Diabetes 2 is epidemic in our society, and if we can get levels back down and healthy people through the food plan, it's a total win/win for everyone. I know I'm feeling fantastic, I'm down almost ten pounds now, and I have energy. I'm working on my cooking ... I'm still learning flavors and which things go well together. Sunday will be a challenge - a set of ribs in the slow cooker with Bar-B-Que sauce for DH, a second batch of ribs in the oven with a dry rub for me. I need to figure out my marinades today, and I'll have to clear out some refrigerator room so the ribs can marinate overnight. 




I actually have two of these old crock pots, I use them in my 
studio for chemicals that need to be used heated, such as 
pickle for my sterling silver work. The one I use in my 
kitchen is slightly newer than this - the lid is plastic instead 
of the glass of the older version that always broke when 
you didn't want it to. 



DH says he's just crabby about everything, and he doesn't want to be crabby, which makes him even crabbier. He says that nothing brings him joy anymore. (I'm not sure if anything ever DID bring him joy ... but who am I to judge?) I told him if he concentrated on not being crabby, perhaps he would find something to bring him joy. It's like talking to a brick wall. I know this can sometimes be the prelude to something much more dangerous - Alzheimer and other medical conditions. I'm really hoping this is temporary and that nicer weather and an easing of Covid restrictions will let him have some fun again. But who knows. 




Here's a Bouncing Spring Chicken for all of you - a 
little smile to start off your day. Enjoy your weekend! 



On that note, I'm out of here. Have an absolutely fantastic Saturday and I'll be back on Monday. Remember to be kind, stay safe and please wear your mask. *Hugs* to everyone. 




No comments: