Monday, April 12, 2021

Food And A Celebration

Sunday's ribs turned out wonderful. It was a four-pound rack and I pulled off 1/3 for my ribs, leaving a bit more than 2 pounds for DH's portion. That went into the crockpot at 11:00 am with water and bar-b-que sauce, and when I pulled them out at 4:00 pm, they were falling off the bone. He ate all of them, along with a veggie and a salad. 




My ribs were very different than the tomato-based sauces I've 
been used to. I used a dry rub and oven-cooked them. They 
turned out really tasty, but the rub was a completely different 
look. Still, it's the taste that matters and I was quite happy. 



My ribs were marinated in olive oil overnight, then plastered with a dry rub and put into a 250F oven for 2-hours, turned over for another hour, and then 'finished' by turning back around for another 30 minutes. I could have left it in 30 minutes more, but I was fine with the ribs as they were. They separated from the bone beautifully. I boiled/steamed fresh asparagus and had a small bowl of coleslaw and I still had half of the ribs and the asparagus left over for another meal. Score! 




I always look forward to the azaleas at Augusta National 
Golf Club, especially here at Hole 13. It's always such 
a beautiful and colorful sight, since we're usually just 
starting to come out of winter when the Tournament is 
being held.  



We watched The Masters Golf Tournament for most of the afternoon, interspersed by baseball for an hour or two. We were watching the last few holes of the golf tournament, though, so able to see Hideki Matsuyama's marvelous win on the 18th. Great tournament, great golf. As always, it was a joy to see the course at Augusta in the early Spring. I've had times when I've watch The Masters and there's been snow on the ground up here. This year we've had an early Spring and we actually have green grass starting to grow and some small leaves on the trees. But this week last year brought an unexpected blizzard that dropped more than a foot of snow on us. I remember driving through that on my way home from work. It was rather frightening because the roadway was hidden by the snow and it was coming down so hard the wipers were having a tough time keeping things visible. I'm hoping we won't have a repeat this year. 




I thought I had every tool, but I actually don't have 
these precision tweezers. I'll probably have to order 
a set because I can see a ton of uses for them. The tech 
was using one of the two tweezers at the left to clean 
out my charging port and WOW, it makes a huge 
difference. When I plug in my charging cord, it 
clicks into place now, and doesn't wiggle around at 
all. I'm delighted. 



So that was my Sunday - laid back and quiet. I did take my cellphone to be looked at by Batteries Plus - I have been having problems charging it. Although they couldn't replace the charging socket (they've ordered a new part for me), the tech did spend 15 minutes or so cleaning out the socket with a set of extra fine pointed tweezers. It works really well now! He said the charging sockets can get a build-up of dirt packed into them over time, but I'm just impressed. I don't think it's worked this well for charging since it was new. I'll still get the replacement socket installed when it arrives, but I'm VERY happy. 




Celebrate your life today. Enjoy the sunrise, feel the 
wind in your face, smell the rain if there is any, listen 
to the birds. Celebrate the diversity of life and be 
amazed at your good fortune to be in the middle of it. 


So, not much to report. Sometimes that's a great thing. I'm still loving life, and really, isn't that the most important thing? We have this precious thing called life and it's important to not lose sight of that wonderful gift. Have an excellent day and please be kind, stay safe and wear your mask. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: