Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Today I'm Kvetching - Because I Can

I find myself dearly missing my morning bowl of oatmeal. Grains were among the first things pulled in my WildFit program, and I understand the nutritional problems of grains and how they actually are not very body-friendly for most people's digestive systems. But I loved my one bowl of oatmeal in the morning, and even though I'm making eggs every few days, I'm finding they lack the simple joy I have in a bowl of oatmeal. I'm not willing to add my oatmeal back into my diet ... at least not yet. I'll stick this out and see what/how I want to have my meals arranged, but I'm telling you now. If I have to rely on eggs for breakfast, I may go crazy. 




I'm missing my daily bowl of oatmeal. For me, breakfast 
oatmeal is a comfort food, and it's something I'd had daily 
for years. I'm not fond of eggs, and today I didn't really 
have anything else of interest in the refrigerator. I'm getting 
really bored with food choices in my WildFit Program 
right now, although my body loves it. I'll have to stick 
through this week, and I'm sure things will be better 
next week. 



Except for the eggs thing, I'm pretty happy with my nutritional program. Or at least I'm not complaining heavily. I'm well aware that I'm in the strictest portion of the food choices right now, and that the menu will shift and experiments will happen over the final five weeks. Frankly, I can hardly wait because, as I had been warned, weeks 6,7 and 8 are truly the hardest, and I'm in the middle of week 8 right now. 




I'm trying to stay upbeat and keep my eyes on the goal, 
but today it seems a bit harder than usual. I'm not really 
sure why - I'm not sure if there really is an answer. But 
today is seeming really difficult. 



I'm tired of foods that are boring, and without a spark of sweet, they really are. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to add honey and some fruits back into our diets next week. I sincerely hope so at any rate. Living without those occasional treats makes eating horribly boring - a chore instead of something to be enjoyed. 




Today my eating program is seeming like a chore, instead 
of something I've really looked forward to. I didn't like 
my eggs for breakfast, and I'm not looking forward to my 
shrimp for dinner or my turkey tenderloin for dinner. It's 
all "blech" to me right now. 



Oh well, I really don't have to share my momentary depression with all of you. But it's only Tuesday, and I have until next Monday before anything new happens, so I'm looking at a week of relatively boring food. Yuk! At this rate, if my fellow Tribe members are feeling the way I'm feeling, the Friday interactive Zoom call should be quite lively with a lot of moaning from all of us. LOL - OK, I'm already looking forward to that call. It's always fun anyway, but as a "kvetch fest" it'll be even better. 




I realize I'm just kvetching today, but there it is - sometimes 
a good kvetch is necessary. 



On that note, I'm signing off. I need to figure out what the heck I'm eating for lunch, since breakfast was so uninspiring. I hope all of you have a truly fantastic day and I'll be back tomorrow. As always, please be kind, stay safe and please wear your mask. 




No comments: