Friday, January 22, 2021

It's VERY Cold, So Therefore I'll Knit

My Friday off will actually start with a quick run to the store to pick up a folder I forgot there last night. I'm so used to carrying all of my paperwork in my laptop bag, I completely forgot the package of several hundred pages of materials I was working on yesterday sitting behind my laptop bag at the shop. I grabbed the bag and left the folder standing on the floor. Since it contains things like my bank account statements from 2020, I probably shouldn't just leave it there. So I'll bundle up (it's very cold today - currently it's 3F and I'll dress warmly), take a quick drive over there, pick up my folder and turn on the shop computers, and head back home for my Fabulous Friday off. I am loving this extra day off each week. It's a wonderful thing. 




The quite above is ascribed to Mark Twain and to 
Ozzy Osbourne. Frankly, it could be any number 
of people because I think we all have times when we 
left our minds in the other room. 



On today's agenda, aside from some government forms I need to get filled out, I plan to knit at least one of the two sleeves I need for my sweater, and I want to work in the spare bedroom getting at least one more box of recycling together to deposit at the shop's larger bin tomorrow morning. The shop's recycling bin is collected every Friday, so Saturday morning deposits are excellent timing. 




Although we have recycling at home too, home pickup is 
only every two weeks, and my bin is usually pretty 
full by then. The larger bin at the shop gets picked up 
every week and if the t-shirt printer in our row of shops 
got a shipment of blank shirts, it also can fill quickly. 
Pickup day is Friday, so taking a box of stuff for it 
on Saturday morning is usually good planning. 



I have one more piece of paperwork to get together for my banker, then I can send her a bunch of stuff for our PPP Loan Forgiveness application and, hopefully, that will be it. We've been jumping through hoops for this since we first filled out the actual loan application in April, and I'd like to place the bookend down, thank the bank and government for their very necessary help, and call it a done deal. I know we did everything right - we were very careful about that - it's just a matter of getting the supporting paperwork to the bank's Loan Officer. Dotting i's and crossing t's - it's what makes the world turn around, right? 




Dotting the i's and crossing the t's is essential when 
dealing with finance and government. We've gotten 
really good at doing that, but I'll be grateful when I 
no longer have to deal with the government or bankers. 



Re my knitting for the day, after careful measurement and several different tries on Wednesday, I've decided to do a row of 2x2 cables across my sweater cuffs. I adore cables, and the sample I pulled off the machine late Wednesday looks great. I'll make it work and I think it'll be marvelous. Another adventure in knitting - LOL. Next sweater will have cables in the body too. I'm determined. 




I need to keep my thoughts on the project when I'm 
knitting a cable stitch. I don't want to miss the 
crossover parts, and I would like to have it look 
quite similar to this knitted example. 



On that note, I think I need some hot tea and oatmeal before bundling up and heading out into the cold. We'll only be in the cold for a day or so, but I'm shivering under my hoodie. Have an excellent day - stay safe, be kind and wear your mask. Unless I freeze into a pile of ice, I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: