Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Focus - Sometimes It's a Hard Thing

My eyes are being a bit wonky today, not focusing well. I'm having problems with my progressive lenses as well as with my single-distance computer glasses. I'm hoping it resolves itself quickly, I really don't want to go through the day slightly out of focus. It's annoying and unproductive. Well ... to be honest ... it's REALLY annoying. 




Today my eyes are blurry and reading the computer 
screen is difficult. That could make some of what I 
wanted to do today difficult, so I'll push the annual 
budget over to Friday and hope my eyes settle down 
by then. 



It's Inauguration Day today, and if he can make it through the ceremony, Joseph Biden will be our President by mid-day. I'm looking forward to some sanity in Washington DC for a while, but of course that will only last until Congress is back in session. Then the merry-go-round will start again, but with different music. It's hard to get too excited these days - same game, different players. Fortunately, that streak of insanity that ran through the hallways of Government over the past four years, might be tamped down and contained a bit better. Our political system is NOT perfect, but it's actually not bad, and it's functional in most ways. 




I loved this photo of Joe Biden with his wife and Kamala 
Harris with her husband, gazing toward the Washington 
Monument. This will be an Inauguration Day unlike any 
in the past, yet it will still be celebrated by the people 
of this nation as we continue our democratic tradition 
of a peaceful transition of power. 



So I'll spend today doing my usual errands (grocery store and Target - necessary today because I'm running out of some stuff), and I'll try to get at least one sleeve knitted on the machine for my sweater, but I want and need a bit of a kick-back day. I also need to do a household budget summary of the past 12-months. I might push that out until Friday, though. 




As an aside, today begins ten consecutive Palindrome 
Days. Maybe that's a good sign for the future of 
our nation. At any rate, it's a fun fact to share with others. 



I hope all of you have a lovely Wednesday and that we celebrate the peaceful transfer of power in Washington DC as we should - because it's actually an accomplishment. I plan to be back here tomorrow with another chapter in the saga, and until then ... stay safe, be kind, and please wear your mask. 




No comments: