Thursday, October 8, 2020

Sharing Autumn - A Photo Blog for Today

I have to get to the bank first thing this morning, so my time is a bit tighter than usual. Therefore, I decided a photo blog for the day would be just the thing, and yesterday's amazing weather cooperated. I got done with outside errands fairly early in the morning and still had excellent light to drive around my immediate neighborhood and photograph reasons why I love autumn up here in the Frozen Northlands. When the leaves are turning and the skies are blue, there's not a more beautiful place in the universe to spend some time. Here are six photos of autumn colors, all no more than a mile from my house. 




I'm always attracted to the scarlet hues a 
bit more than the gold, but this small tree 
in a neighborhood yard was orange! 




The brilliant scarlet of this tree against the 
blue skies caught my eye. I don't know 
what type of tree it is, but the color is superb. 




The road along the front of the local 
senior complex (condominium, care 
facility and Alzheimer's facility) sports 
some lovely trees that always delight 
with their colorful visages. 




I've photographed this tall hedgerow at the local 
Medical Center before, but the colors this year are 
beautifully brilliant scarlet through the whole length. 




We're back at another side of the nursing home, with 
these lovely burnished rust to red toned trees. 




And finally, there is this orange and gold 
blaze. I keep my eyes open on this tree 
every year because it's always two-toned 
and always spectacular. 



On a different note, I thought I'd also share the progress on my silk shawl weaving. The woven portion is slowly increasing (every row at this point it taking about 35 minutes to weave and I've woven more than 100 threads so far). I'm hoping to get it completed sometime next year - it's a very slow but wonderfully fun and beautiful project. 



If you look at the photo carefully (and this photo is NOT an
edge-to-edge photo), each of the stripes across the wood 
at the bottom is actually a group of five threads that I 
untie carefully from the top and weave in, one 
thread at a time. 



I spent almost six hours cleaning Sewing Cabinet number 3. I'll share photos and talk about that project and the initial setting up and testing of my knitting machine tomorrow or later in the week. For now, though, enjoy my beautiful Autumn and have a wonderful day. Stay safe, be kind, and please, wear your mask - I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: