Wednesday, October 21, 2020

It Was A Day Of Snow - Lots Of It!

The snow came and proved how unready we all were for it. I had other things on my mind yesterday, so forgot my gloves and hat, remembered my parka (because it was cold), but forgot my snow boots. Fortunately, DH was out and about yesterday and dropped my boots off at the shop for me. Still no gloves, but I had my hoodie. My hands would have to deal. 




This isn't my car, but it is a photo of a car in yesterday's 
snowstorm. I think you can get a good idea of how much 
snow came down. The snow started at 10:30 am and 
went throughout the day. My car was similar to this when 
I left the shop at 6:00 pm. 



By the end of the day, I had gone outside twice to shovel the front and back walks at the shop and scatter salt. When I closed up at night, I went to my car and poor Minion was buried in snow, its brilliant red hardly showing through the show pack. I managed to get the back open and grabbing my show brush, began sweeping snow and pushing snow off my car. It didn't look much different than the photo above, there were at least six inches of packed, heavy snow to get rid of. I didn't get it all, but my brush finally became unusable. I was 80% cleared, so I went ahead and drove home, finishing the clearing in the driveway before sheltering the car in the garage. 



Again, not my backyard, but one of the news organizations
posted this photo of yesterday's storm. DH put the patio 
umbrella into the shed, but left the Barbeque Grill outside 
in hopes of one more grill before we pack it into the shed 
for the winter. I'm not sure if he'll get his wish, but it's 
not too difficult to get it into the shed when necessary. 



I was outside less than an hour ago to put the trash bin at curbside and I took the time to shovel out the base of the driveway. Wet and heavy snow, more like we get in the Spring than the Fall - not my happy place. But the driveway is cleared now, Hubby has his newspaper (which was waiting on the driveway) and I'm ready to start my day of errands. I'm hoping to get more time with my New Toy today. I had a lot of fun trying stitches last week, but would like to actually cast on and start a real project. There's a baby sweater that I've had my eye on. It's one of the beginning projects by one of my on-line instructors and my nephew in Colorado had a new baby born in May. It might be the perfect gift to send along to him. 




This parent had the right idea yesterday. They packed their 
kid into snow clothes and pulled out the sled to get outside 
more easily. Driving was treacherous, but walking wasn't 
too bad. Here, they are crossing Hennepin Avenue, one 
of the major streets in Minneapolis. 



So, as usual, my "day off" will be a busy one. I hope you stay safe and warm as winter comes to the Northern Hemisphere, or stay cool and comfortable as summer comes to my friends on the other side of the world. As always, please be kind, stay safe, and wear your mask. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: