Friday, July 24, 2020

Early Morning Thoughts - Yes, A Bit Of Rambling

DH is up early today. He dragged himself to bed quite early last night, in pain from too much lugging and hauling on Thursday. Some specialized concrete blocks that he had ordered had come in, so he was hauling those from the truck down the bank, and he also was working on assembling the framework for my new raised strawberry bed that he's building from some extra treated lumber that he had on hand. So, because he was exhausted and went to bed at 8:00 pm, he's already up and making noise today at 5:45 am. 



DH had some extra wood that he wasn't going to
use for his current project, so he decided to build
a raised bed for my strawberries. I didn't get
much of a harvest this year, but a new bed
would give the plants the space they require. 



It was a nice night for sleeping for a change, but since we're back under a heat warning for today and tonight, I suspect tonight won't be nearly as pleasant. Still, I take those days when I don't even have a fan going as a plus, enjoy the cooler early morning hours, and run from there. 



It was really nice to hear from Meg. We had chatted a few times
during stay-at-home when she was driving by and stopped to
chat at the side of the road. I miss my early morning friends. 



A note was left in my mailbox from my neighbor a couple of blocks west of me. We're swimming friends at the YMCA, and she said "We are all wondering??? Coming back to the Y soon? Call me!" and left her phone number. I phoned her last night and left a message telling her to call me back anytime between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm. I hope I hear from her today. We've managed to intersect a couple of times since stay-at-home, but I haven't actually had a chance to speak with her for at least two months, even though we live so close to each other. It would be nice to catch up a bit. 



I'm not just sitting around, I'm working out at least three
times a week on my barre. The routine is tough, but every
time I'm doing it, I'm noticing an improvement, so that's
a plus. 



The outdoor pool at the YMCA opened a week-and-a-half ago, and here I am, not swimming, not going to the gym, and missing my friends. I understand why I have to stay away for a while, but I really miss my friends. I don't mind not swimming, although I miss that a lot, but although I'm not a very social person, the group of people I would intersect with every day as we waited for the gym doors to be unlocked were a great group of people, and I miss that daily interaction. 

On that note, I'm plugging in photos, eating breakfast and heading out to work. Have an excellent day and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: