Sunday, May 17, 2020

Stay at Home - The Final Day

Yesterday was crazy busy so I had no time to post. DH was busy trying to build portable shielding for the shop that Chickie and I can easily transport to any counter where we're working with customers. I was busy with mail orders and book work. Today he's continuing the build effort and later we'll head over to the shop to wash the floor and apply the "Stand Here" decals I purchased. I only got 10 because I wasn't sure if he would approve, but he liked them so I have another 10 coming Tuesday via FedEx. 



Chicken Pad Thai extra spicy is our usual go-to at
Lisu's, along with pork fried egg rolls with extra
fish sauce. So good! 



We were so exhausted by day's end we ordered Thai takeout from our favorite local Thai restaurant. Pad Thai and eggrolls - lots of calories but so, so good. It's hard to believe I open again to the public a little over 24 hours from now. It's been a very eventful stay-at-home for me, and I know I have customers anxious to get their bead and color fix. It's going to be great to see customers again - I've missed most of them. 

It'll also be nice to be on a schedule once again. The gyms aren't allowed to open yet, but since my foot is wrecked, that's OK. I'll enjoy having my Wednesdays to myself again. It's not always easy living in each other's back pockets when you're used to operating only on intersecting orbits. 



An Exaltation of Larks is the first book in a
trilogy which also has two side story books
that mash into her universe. It's stunning
characters, intriguing plot lines, lots of
Spanish - enough to keep it interesting but
not to get the reader lost - and wonderful
writing. Highly recommended. 



I have a book recommendation for all of you. "An Exaltation of Larks" by Suanne Laqueur is a beautifully crafted multi-family book that pulls things apart and manages to put them back together again, stronger and more interesting than before. It's the first of a trilogy, and I've been pulling my way through them for the past five days (I read fast). I'm almost finished with the fifth in the series now, and loved every one of them, but the first three are the core. Each can be read as a stand-alone, but they mesh so beautifully. Give yourself a treat and try the first one. 

On that note, I'm out of here. I have a floor to wash at the shop and time is ticking. I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: