Tuesday, May 19, 2020

It Was Fun To Be Open Again

Yesterday was a lovely day. We had one of our regular customers waiting at the door for us to open in the morning, and we were busy, but not overwhelmed, all day with almost everyone telling us how happy they were that we were open again and how much they had missed us. (The exception was two new customers - they can't have missed us, they had never visited before. But both of them bought and said they'd return again, so win-win.) 



It's rather fun being open for business once again. My customers
missed their bead "fix" and almost all of them expressed how
happy they were that we were open once again. Everyone
practiced Social Distancing and everyone wore masks. 



We were all wearing masks, and Chickie apparently spent some of her stay-at-home time with a borrowed sewing machine making some really nice masks. Both DH and I were allowed to choose from her selection and I sewed the attachment straps this morning - they're ready to go. 



Although these are not Chickie's masks, they are very similar
in style to what she made. She did a great job for not having
touched a sewing machine for years. I'm quite pleased
with the one she gave to me. 



I was on my feet a lot, but also sat quite a bit with my foot propped up on my scooter. That's a great height for my leg, so I may not be scooting around the store, but I'm using the scooter quite a lot. At the end of the day, we had a good shift with a lot of customers and good dollars in the till for the first time in seven weeks. I'm so grateful for all of those wonderful people who walked through our door telling us how nice it was that we were open. Hopefully we'll keep this on a roll. 

Here's hoping you have a great Tuesday, and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: