Thursday, October 17, 2019

Yahoo Groups and Holiday Cards - Progress

So, let's start with the Yahoo Groups news. Although it's been years since I've had any interface with YahooGroups as an active member, there are several groups I belong to (and a couple that I am admin for) which are on that platform. So, I'm doing a shout-out to my readers. If you have material on a Yahoo Groups location, pull it and put it elsewhere ASAP. Yahoo Groups is disbanding, and within a few short days, you will be unable to upload, with the whole shebang fading into the sunset before the end of the year. 



Yahoo Groups is closing down. Nothing will be able to be uploaded
after a few more days, and all groups will be permanently closed
by mid-December. Pull your items off NOW if you need to. 



In a way it's like another door closing on a lighter time when I was a bit more carefree. The groups I belonged to and/or moderated were mostly crafting groups, but there were a few fiction writing groups among them too. Now I'll have to find a quick moment to go on-line to Yahoo Groups and double-check to make sure I'm not missing anything urgent that needs to be pulled. *sigh*. A pain for everyone, no question. 



I love the entire concept of mailing a physical card
to my friends. There's something so satisfying about
sending envelopes throughout the world and
knowing that I'm sending a unique gift to some
very unique and treasured friends. 



My holiday cards list is growing due to yesterday's post. I'm going to be a bit more specific - it would be VERY appreciated if you would Private Message me with your mailing address (yes, even if I've sent you numerous cards over the years). I always want to make sure that I have everything accurate, and things change sometimes from one year to another. So, please, if you replied that you wanted a card in yesterday's call-out, I'll be responding with an address update query. It's for the sake of accuracy, not to be annoying. *hugs* 

I found the cardstock I had been needing, as well as what I want for my front border and I ordered what I decided to use for the interior yesterday, so all things considered, it was a good day. I even got multiple items polished and ready to be put back out onto the sales floor. As usual, I didn't get everything completed, but for a day off, it was successful. 

Here's hoping your Thursday is wonderful and complete. I'll be back hard at work on my cards early this morning. I'm just waiting on a couple of materials before I can move on to my next stage. I'll do a second call-out in another week or two. Have a great day and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: