Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The Gods of Thunder Are Playing Overhead

My "day off". The first load of laundry just finished washing. The thunder is accompanying my thoughts this morning - 100% rain chance through the morning, so it'll be a wet one. Shower complete, makeup still pending, and although I'm not under a time constraint this morning, I'm still behind my "schedule". *sigh* Still, I'll get out of here within 30-45 minutes, have breakfast, get things turned on at the shop, and continue with a day where I'll be flinching whenever the Gods play with the thunder directly overhead. Ooof! 



The Thunder Gods have been playing since I awakened 90 minutes
ago. This is a big storm and it's slow moving. I'll be getting wet today. 



I was asked how long the henna would last. Unfortunately, almost all of it has faded to super pale now, with just the top of my head still carrying darkness. It's the nature of the decoration - as the person exfoliates, the design disappears. It's not deep, just a surface dye. It was a lot of fun, though, and I'm still absolutely serious about wanting a similar design tattooed. I'm in touch with a tattoo artist I think could do an amazing job, and I'll try to touch base with him later this year. 



I like things organized. I like to just reach over or up and to be
able to pull out exactly what I need in minimal time. Over the
years, however, my original organization has gone to pieces. I have
to re-do almost everything now, and spread into new areas. I'll
be doing a LOT of labeling. 



Since it's my "day off", I'll be continuing to work on my part of the house. I have several boxes to unpack, and I need to continue putting things into appropriate containers and spaces. DH spent a good chunk of time yesterday organizing screws and nails. It was driving him a bit crazy. It's not just his own stuff that he's sorting and organizing, but also stuff he inherited from his father and his grandfather. I guess I'm grateful that I didn't have a ton of extra "baggage" to drag along behind me. I have a single thing from my grandmother, and I packed the stuff I kept from my parents into my Mom's Saturn sedan, shipping six additional boxes. I remember taking carload after carload in my PT Cruiser when we cleared out DH's father's house. He has to deal with all of it now, and it's a *-ton of work. 



It's Hump Day. For those of us who work more than a standard
Monday-Friday, it's a bit less important, but Wednesdays are my
"day off" and I love them for that reason. Happy Hump Day! 



I am hoping I'll get a little bit of time to relax today also, though. Maybe when I'm switching out loads of laundry or folding my exercise clothes for the remainder of the week. LOL Today's post is short and sweet, and I'll be back tomorrow. Enjoy your Wednesday! HUMP DAY!!! LOL. 



No comments: