Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Catching up - A New Hat Pin!

Sharon left on Tuesday to return to Denver, and yesterday I received a wonderful padded envelope from her with a lovely Denver Broncos pin to add to my new Aussie Oilskin hat. I have worn a hat similar to this for many years - it's my go-to hat, good for almost every event. My old hat had finally died - worn out in service. I always had a variety of pins on it, so I pulled a few together for the new hat. The collection will continue to grow, but I'm quite pleased with how it's coming together now, and of course the Broncos pin was the PERFECT addition. It would have been even better if the Broncos had won their season opener last night, but I guess I can't have everything - LOL. 



I love my new replacement hat. The old hat was quite literally worn
into the ground. The center pin is a lovely Cthulhu, on the right is
a Blue Heron that Chickie gave to me, and now I have my Denver
Broncos pin on the left - a gift from Sharon. It's a good beginning
on my hat decorations. I'm quite happy. 



DH and I loaded some wood and my multi-drawer rolling cart into the truck last night and brought everything home in the rain. I love my multi-drawer cart - it locks, it holds a LOT, and because it rolls, it can be moved with ease. We discovered that it actually fits underneath the solder bench when we left it on the breezeway to dry off. I might end up leaving it there and dealing with downstairs storage a bit differently. It's a thought in any case. 



What I have at my workspace is quite similar to this -
a multi-drawer wheeled unit that locks. I think mine is
only five drawers, instead of six, but it's a very handy
thing and I love it. 



Our cold snap continues. The weather was supposed to move back into heat over the past weekend, but apparently the Weather Gods never got the memo. It's been colder than usual for this time of the year, and every customer I talk to speculates that we'll have an early and colder-than-usual winter. Although I'm thinking the same thing, I would rather not have that happen. We have too much we need to get accomplished in what remains of summer and fall before beginning to deal with winter. 



While my friends in Europe have been dealing with a summer of record
heat, we've been dealing with an unusually cold summer here. I think I've
only had my fan on less than ten times all summer - extremely rare - and
the A/C at the shop has been on when needed, but usually I've just had
the fan running for circulation, not needing any chilling. 



So, rather short and sweet today because I'm trying to get caught up a bit with my friends and their own journal entries. So much going on in their lives, and I'm more than a week behind! Have a totally wonderful Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: