Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Holiday Overload - It Was A Unicorn Event

So, did you survive your holiday season? DH and I had a few rocky bits, but it turned out all right and here we are, entering a new year. I ended up two calendars short, so ordered two last night to fill in those spots on my walls. Except for that, things actually seemed to go smoothly. We survived the family get-together and I had fun listening to my nephew and nephew-in-law discussing hockey. It's something the three of us have in common. We actually stayed until 4:30 pm, 30 minutes later than DH had said he wanted to stay. The food was great, and the kids spent their time running upstairs and down, non-stop. Ugh! Still, it was fun to see everyone. 



One of my niece Mary's three girls holding her unicorn
headband for me. Many of the girls got one of these
in a small stocking stuffer that included bath bombs and
twist-on/off lanterns. The lanterns were actually pretty nice. 



DH made cookies and lemon bars for the get-together and they were very well received. My meatballs were also a hit, so all was good. Unicorns seemed to be the popular gift. The younger girls all got fluffy white unicorn headbands, and one niece got the full effect - snowy hoodie with attached front paws and accompanying after-snow fluffy slipper/boots, all with built-in LED lights. Quite the experience. 



This is one of my niece Annie's kids. She
apparently really loves unicorns. The hood has
"hoofs" at the end for her hands and also came
with slipper/boots. She's holding one of those
lanterns I mentioned, although it isn't turned on. 



Still, the kids seemed delighted, there were no major meltdowns, the house was quite lovely with a nice back yard for their Great Dane and smaller mixed dog to run around in and have a wonderful time playing. It was fabulous to see everyone again for a few hours, and I actually did enjoy myself and got lots of hugs. 



A side view of the unicorn shows the profile -
horn and ears, as well as a better look at
the front paws. It's really quite cute, and those
LED lights were fun! 



All in all, I'm happy with the holiday season, and even happier that it's over. I'm starting work again on cleanup for the craft room - a serious effort needs to be made ASAP - and I'll continue cleaning up and eliminating things from the backroom at the shop and my workbench. All of these things need to come together as a whole at some point, and there's only so much room in my home. 

So I hope all of you had a tremendous holiday season. I'm not happy with the scale, and suspect that is shared by many of you, but I'm back in the pool today and that's the next step to getting the holiday weight off. With a bit of work and watching what I eat, I'll be back to where I want within a few short weeks. Have a great Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: