Thursday, November 15, 2018

My Life in Hyper Drive

Yesterday ended up with more running around than usual, but I found almost everything I needed. Having been unsuccessful in finding twine/string of the appropriate thickness and twist, I'll leave that up to DH to look for today (and tomorrow if necessary). I'm expecting a large shipment to arrive for the shop today which needs to be checked in, packaged, and ready to sell no later than mid-week, so that we can go into our Holiday season fully stocked with the things our customers love for the season. My work is cut out for today, for sure! 



It's time for me to shift into hyper-drive. Maybe I should get the
assistance of a Hadron Collider, which can, potentially, open up
a black hole. Oh goody - more "boys with their toys" options
to destroy the universe through a missed mathematical symbol.
*sigh*



My time-frame is totally on hyper-drive now and I really wish I had been a bit more aware of the darned calendar. You'd think, since I have calendars everywhere in my various rooms, that I'd actually look at them - at least more than just to write down my daily weight and how many times I've been at the pool this year. But no!!! Even though I enter those things onto one of my wall calendars every morning, I obviously walk through the daily reality of the month with a unidirectional focus. Silly me! 



I've used Stabilo Fine Tip pens for my artwork for years
and years. I adore them. I'm using them on this year's
holiday card, but am finding that I need a larger tip, so
I need their medium or large-tipped version in a few
specific colors. I really wish I had remembered this
errand yesterday. It's going to be a lot harder to get
them now. 



Still, I'm progressing. I'm totally immersed in the painting and color for my Solstice cards now. I had planned to shop for some larger-nibbed colored pens yesterday, but forgot to add them to my errands list. That now leaves me with two choices - either mail order them, or work on the painting (of which I still have a LOT to do) and buy the pens I need next week Wednesday. If I push it out until next week, I'm pushing my luck a little bit - trusting that my local art supply store will have what I need in stock. If I push off until next week, if they don't have what I need, I'll be dead in the water. 



The larger Stabilo pens are called their 68, whereas the
pens I usually use are their size 88, the extra-fine markers.
Although I only need five of these colors, they're not
super expensive and I think they're only sold as a set. I'll
have to find them and get them ordered quickly. 



So, while I figure out my best course of action, I'll wish all of you a wonderful Thursday. I've assigned purchasing appropriate foods and a bird for Turkey Day to DH, and he will conquer said shopping either today or tomorrow. I'm hoping he can find a small bird - 12 pounds or so. We'll see. All I know for sure is that he'll be eating the majority of it - two days of turkey is my max. I'll be back tomorrow morning, so be good, be kind, and smile a lot today. Pass happiness to others - it's free and it can do so much! 




No comments: