Wednesday, November 21, 2018

My Kingdom For A Foil Turkey Roasting Pan!

So, let's see. It's the day before Thanksgiving, and it's my "day off". I'll swim (which may be my most relaxing thing all morning), then drop by Perkins for my daily oatmeal and coffee. I was going to head to the bank then to pick up coins for the shop - can't go into my Two-Day Sale (Friday and Saturday) without ample coins in storage, but no! Last night, as I wandered the house, I realized that even though DH picked up the turkey, he didn't think about picking up the foiled pan within which to cook the bird. Oops!!!! 



All I want is one of these. I don't care if it has
carrying handles or not, I don't care about much
of anything except that it's large enough for
the bird DH purchased. I don't own a
roasting pan of my own. 



So, instead of starting my day out with relative calm, I'll be pushing in a quick drop by Target, hoping they have a pan (which they often do NOT), I'll also check my local grocer, who is usually sold out by this time, on my way to breakfast. If I'm REALLY lucky, one of those two places will have one. Of course, it's usually an impossible thing to find on the last day. Under serious pressure I can make one from heavy-duty foil and a cookie sheet, but that won't make me extremely happy. 



I have an 8:00 am appointment to pick up my Harvest Pumpkin
pie from Baker's Square. Yes, I could bake one of my own, and
sometimes I do, but things have been a bit hectic around here. I
ordered one instead. Yes ... I'm a terrible person. and yes ... they
make a great pie! 



Thinking optimistically, I'll find a foil pan (and some stick margerine) and continue on my errands - put the garland up at the store - my staple gun is waiting for me there  - grab my stamping materials and bring them back home - no more need for them at the shop - and finally settle down a little bit. I'll have to go to the grocer for a minimal shop later today and that will be hell too. Oh joy! 

What a day, what a day. 



November 20th every year is Transgender Day of Remembrance and
I'm a day late, but it's never too late to remember those who were
killed because their sexuality didn't conform to the norm. For a list of
each person worldwide who lost their life over this past
year, just follow this link



So let's all pull back a bit, take a deep breath, and think about others for a small bit of time. I should have posted that yesterday was Transgender Remembrance Day, and as usual, I'm a day late. So as you are running around getting your last-minute things together and cleaning your houses, think about the more than 20 US people and many, many more throughout the world who were killed over this past year, just for their sexuality. That's wrong in so many ways, it turns my stomach and makes it hard to see through my tears. 



Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 



I won't be posting tomorrow - Thanksgiving, don't you know? But I'm taking this time to reflect on the past year, resolve to do better this coming year, and sending all of you best thoughts and wishes for your Thanksgiving. I'll be back on Friday. 



No comments: