Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving For Friends Near and Far

A roasting pan was found, the pantry was stocked and the bird was ready. DH and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I got a few hours of extra sleep - no swimming for me for one day - then started prepping the bird. After it was in the oven cooking, I relaxed by finishing up the painting on my Solstice cards while watching football. After a lot of work, the cards are complete, just waiting for signatures and envelopes to be printed before mailing. I'll start finalizing my address list on Sunday and begin printing the envelopes. I've had a lot of fun with this year's card and I hope it brightens your day when you receive yours in the mail. 



There's nothing quite as nice as receiving a special
card or letter in the mail. I'm looking forward to
getting my cards mailed soon. I'll let you know
when so that you can watch for yours! 



Today is Black Friday, and tomorrow is Small Business Saturday in the USA. It's a really busy time at the shop because it's one of two sales we hold during the year. Our sales flyer e-mail with e-coupons went out to our sign-up list on Tuesday, and again early yesterday morning. We'll see how well we do today and tomorrow, but we're usually pretty busy for the two days. I plan to enjoy this coming Sunday since I'll be working short hours at the shop for the first three Sundays of December. 



Like most stores, we hold a Black Friday sale. We restrict most
of the bargains to those who have our e-coupons. Our in-store
customers deserve a special treat now and again. 



I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. I know it's a US holiday, but it's one of the major ones that I truly enjoy. Yes, it's a lot of cooking (although the bird really cooks itself, so that's pretty easy). It also is a lot of clean-up, but DH pitches in and it's fast and easy. I've always loved the entire concept of Thanksgiving - not the pilgrims and Indians spiel, but the thoughtful reflection on friends and family who touch our lives. 



Thanks for reading and for your support and comments throughout
the year. I really appreciate it, and treasure all of my friends
both near and far. 



In that spirit, thanks to all of my readers and friends far and wide. You enrich my life, you support me when I'm down and help me celebrate the good things. I cherish each and every one of you. 



Thanks to all of my friends - near and far! 



Have a wonderful Friday. I'm back at the swimming pool today - only gained one pound from my Thanksgiving Day feast, but it'll be nice to start working that back off again. Enjoy your Friday and I'll be back tomorrow. 




No comments: