Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Birthdays, NaNoWriMo Congrats and Mailing

I'm running a bit late today - too much to read and too many friends with birthdays today. Still - wishing friends a Happy Birthday is a worthwhile thing to do - I know it always brightens my day, so I'm spreading the joy. 



I have several friends with birthdays today, so sharing some
virtual cake with everyone seemed like the right thing to do. 



It's getting toward the end of November and I have at least one friend who has succeeded at NaNoWriMo and another who is pushing to cross the 50,000 word finish line. I did NaNo three times and managed to succeed each time. It was a lot of fun, but since it takes place for the month of November, it was also a LOT of stress. I knew I wasn't up to adding additional stress in my life at this point, and also that the stories bouncing around in my head probably hadn't jelled enough to gain any semi-permanence, so I skipped NaNo this year. Considering what my November turned out to be, I'm really glad I made that decision. 



Congrats to my friends who have succeeded in this year's NaNoWriMo, as
well as to those who were focused enough to try. I wish things had jelled
enough to be able to participate this year, but maybe next year will
be better for my time and my stress.
CONGRATULATIONS to all participants and to the winners. 



Tomorrow I'll be starting to address and finalize my holiday cards. The final pieces have been cut to size and are ready to apply, so now it's time to begin printing my envelopes. Usually that goes quite smoothly, but anything can happen - I've learned to roll with the punches and figure things out. What I DON'T want is to have to hand address the envelopes - my handwriting is total chicken-scratch. Too many times I can't read my own notes. I suspect that it would be wiser to allow the computer printer to actually address the envelopes for me. I'll post when I mail the cards so that you can keep an eye out. 



I'm hoping to get my cards in the mail early next
week. We'll see if I can manage that. 



On that note, I'm calling it short and sweet and finished for today. Have an excellent Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow. Enjoy your day! 



No comments: