Monday, November 26, 2018

Sunday Was A Winning Day

I resolved the "made by" section on the back of my card by scanning and shrinking the image I had painted for the envelope, and adding text. It's now quite a bit smaller, and will be perfect for the card application. I'll get them cut apart at the shop today and will start the final stretch on Wednesday. I reworked and updated my final address list for this year's cards, dropped a few people, added a couple of others and updated addresses for those of you who have moved over the past year. I think I might be up-to-date. 



The Denver Broncos v Pittsburgh Steelers game was excellent
with the lead being passed from one to the other throughout
the game. In the end, though, the Broncos pulled off the win. 



It's rare that I have an opportunity to watch my football team on television - Denver's team is in a totally different division and televised games are usually chosen for the regional interest. Yesterday, however, I got lucky. The Minnesota v Green Bay game was shifted to the night game so the Denver v Pittsburgh game was broadcast in our area. Great game!! Even better ... Denver won!!!! Go Broncos! 



I actually rather like the Broncos Ugly Christmas
Sweater. The lights on the front blink on and off and
it plays holiday music too. LOLOL



I just had to take a look at the NFL Store on-line. They have "ugly Christmas light-up sweaters" for each team. The women's version for the Broncos costs $89! Ouch. That's a bit more than I have to spend on something so ridiculous. But I really loved it. I guess every team has one, so if you're a team spirit kind of guy or gal, you might want to take a look. 



It's time to think about putting up trees and listening to Christmas carols.
I know my BFF Sharon is busy practicing the year's concert with
her church choir. I'm sure it will be wonderful to hear for the congregation. 



Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts over our Black Friday and Small Business Saturday sales. We were very busy, but not swamped, and we pulled in the sales dollar amounts I had hoped for. I'm extremely grateful. Now to get on with our Holiday lives. I'll be working 6-day weeks for the next three weeks beginning today. Thank goodness I still get my Wednesdays off - I'd go totally stir crazy if I had to work seven days a week for almost a month! 



DH will be happy because his Minnesota Vikings also edged out
the win against their arch-rivals, the Green Bay Packers. It was
a win-win day for both of our teams. Huzzah! 



Here's hoping you get everything purchased that you need for your holiday today - it's Cyber-Monday sales day and I'll be checking a few things out to see about extra savings. I did break down and buy two swim suits and caps at a reduced sale price late last night - I try to buy ahead when I can. Speaking of which, time to wrap this up and head to the pool. Have a glorious Monday and I'll return tomorrow. 




No comments: