Monday, October 15, 2018

First Snow! Maybe That's Why I Can't Think Today

DH and I spent a quiet Sunday playing Lord of the Rings Online and watching/listening to football games. Although I sat for too many hours, it was a pleasant day topped off by Chinese food for dinner. My original plans had included dinner at our local pizza fave, but the deal they were offering this month wasn't as good as the previous one. Instead of getting a free pizza (buy one/get one), they only offered 30% off the total bill. We discussed our finances and decided Chinese was preferable for taste and funds. 



Yesterday morning greeted me with snow on the ground and large flakes
falling from the sky. I WASN'T happy, but it was all gone by the
time I left to pick up dinner at 4:00 pm. 



Autumn is a crazy season around here. The temps drop - I'm wearing my parka now because my morning temps are hovering at freezing, but during the day we'll move into the 40's and this week we may touch 60. Crazy! I awakened on Sunday morning, opened the door to collect the newspaper and saw snow! Big flakes coming down, enough to stay on the grass, but not the driveways and sidewalks. It switched to small flakes within the hour, and was totally gone by the time I left the house at 4:00 pm to collect our food. Still ... it was snow, and it's now mid-October. Ick! Too early for me. 



Chickie and I play ping pong with the customers effortlessly. We bounce
ideas, colors, history and technique back and forth, helping people
in different ways. Sometimes the explanation by one of us doesn't
click, but the other person's will. 



Chickie still has five vacation days due this year and she'll start taking them in single days over the next four weeks. I think she'll be MIA on Thursday this week. Things are always a bit more stumbly when she's not there (she says the same on the days when I'm off and she's working). We know how to handle the customers, we bounce people back and forth very well. When my Manager is working instead of her, it's much harder. He doesn't interact as well with the customers and usually is happier working behind the scenes as much as possible. The next few weeks will be a bit of a chore because of the odd vacation days, but it's better than having her out for an entire week. 



I always wanted to hang glide. It's never happened and I'm
probably WAY too old now, but what fun. Still, imagination
can be similar if I can allow it to run free. That means not
thinking about the mundane all of the time and allowing my
ideas to roam. 



I think that's about all I have for today. It's strange, I usually have a bunch of ideas for my blog pushing against my brain, but all I can think about today is getting my act together and starting work on my Holiday Cards. I guess I just enjoy being frazzled when the deadlines loom. What a way to spend a life - always walking along the crumbling cliffs instead of inland where I could enjoy the contrast between the land and the sea. Have an excellent Monday and I'll be back on Tuesday. 



No comments: