Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Cleaning, Cleaning and ... Did I Say Cleaning?

Today is a push-through-it day for me - I'll be running around like a whirling dervish, although I'll hopefully get a lot more accomplished than just making myself dizzy and looking awesome while my skirts twirl around me. It might be Wednesday, and it might be my "day off", but it's a day filled with appointments, phone calls and conversations, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. I suspect I'll put a definite dent in my box of latex gloves by the end of the day. 



The worst thing about scrubbing the bathroom isn't the toilets - those
are easy - it's getting the grout lines clean once more. It's a next-to-
impossible job, but I'll give it my best shot. I try to keep up with
it, but we live in a hot and humid climate in the summers. Ick! 



It's been cooler, so at least I've caught up on a bit of sleep and haven't needed to have the fan turned on 24/7. That will make cleaning a bit easier, since there's nothing fun about wiping down shelves and counters while dripping sweat onto the newly cleaned surfaces. I'm also quite grateful for nice sleeping weather - I've been a bit sleep-deprived over the past week. When I get my six hours, I'm good to go, but when it drops below that, well ... let's just say "Not so much," and leave the particulars to the imagination. 



I'll probably hold off on vacuuming the carpet until next
week. It doesn't make a lot of sense to nit the deep clean
until just before Sharon arrives. Late this year I'll steam
clean the carpet where DH has managed to make it
dirtier from coming in and out from the backyard
projects. 



I decided to join Spotify, at least for a 30-day trial. I started listening to one of the playlists I really wanted to hear, and late yesterday afternoon when I finally got time to take my "lunch" break, I set up another playlist - one that one of my favorite authors had listed way back in 2013. I love knowing what songs authors heard in their head while writing particular chapters and events. Now I need to go through and start to pinpoint the music I really like to listen to - lots of Metal and Rock with a scattering of Classical. It's going to be interesting to see what Spotify suggests for my listening. 



I remembered that TJ had posted his playlist for this
novel a few weeks before release. I had to hunt, but
found the listing from 2013 and pulled the
playlist together to share with others who
love his books. 



Today is Chickie's last day at work until next Tuesday! She's taking several days of vacation to spend time with friends of hers flying down from Alberta, Canada. They'll all be going to the State Fair on Thursday, and bopping around the Cities for a few days. She hasn't seen these folks for several years, so I hope everyone has a great time. I'll be taking my own vacation next week when Sharon arrives, so it's totally tit-for-tat on the end-of-summer vacation times. 



We're exchanging vacation times over the next two
weeks. It's balanced and reasonable and rather funny. 



So, today is short and sweet because it's a busy one. It doesn't change my wish for all of my readers - have a truly Wonderful day. Happy Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 



No comments: