Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cool Days, Busy Schedules and Updates

Finally the heat broke and we got some gentle rain. DH has today to take care of a lot of things, including any drainage issues he may see from yesterday's rain, but then he has to pull up his big boy pants and work the remainder of this week for Chickie, then rinse and repeat next week for my own short vacation with my BFF, Sharon. It's a hard life, but somehow he'll persevere (and complain mightily, I'm sure). No choices here, though. 



DH doesn't get to spend a lot of time working in the
yard for the next two weeks. It's the end of summer,
and both Chickie and I have friends arriving from
out of town to celebrate the season along
with us. 



It's always harder when Chickie is on vacation or when I'm not at the shop. Although DH is excellent with product and usually works relatively well with customers, he doesn't hear well. It can make interacting and answering questions difficult and frustrating, both for him and the customers. Still, it's important to have that second person available when needed. 



I'm going to be a cleaning demon tomorrow. I'll certainly deserve
my late afternoon sit-down convo with Aearwen. I'm already
trying to organize in my head to maximize my efficiency tomorrow. 



My own gritted teeth will come out tomorrow. I have 2-1/2 days to get my house into condition for a visitor. It's not that the house is bad, but it needs a good surface cleaning - dusting, vacuuming - and a through scrub of the bathrooms. My glass shelving needs a thorough dusting, the bed linens need to be aired (they're clean already, of course, but musty after being stored for a while) and generally, I'd like to chase any cobwebs away. That doesn't alter the basic schedule of grocery shopping, etc., so tomorrow should be quite busy. 



Unfortunately, it's looking like we won't have any baby
snapping turtles to protect and shepherd. It's a bummer,
but just as well since we still need to incorporate that
small area of the backyard into the larger landscaping. 



TURTLE UPDATE - Zero! It's looking as if the snapping turtle's eggs weren't viable, or she was making a false nest. We've been careful to leave that small area of the yard undisturbed, but it's already the third week of August and they should have hatched 2-3 weeks ago. I'm declaring this a no-go and we can blend the protected area in with the rest of the lawn. It sure would have been a LOT easier if the turtle just hadn't attempted to lay her eggs in the middle of my landscaping in the first place. *sigh* 



Do you belong to Spotify or use their music
services? I've been wanting to play some
specific playlists, so I'm giving it a 30-day
trial. I'm wondering what you think, since
I'm still tripping over settings and adjustments. 



Do any of you use "Spotify"? I just joined yesterday for a trial period so that I could listen to some playlists of authors I read, and make some playlists of my own. There are some interesting aspects to the music+ service, and I'm looking forward to exploring, but if you are a member, I'd love to know what you like best about it. Reach out and let me know, OK? 

Meanwhile, have a totally fabulous Tuesday. The heat finally cracked yesterday and it was comfortable sleeping weather. That means it will be a cold run outside to the big pool today, but I only have three weeks until the big pool is closed until the end of May 2019! I'll go ahead and be cold, it's a worthy trade-off for the 50 meter pool. Happy day to all and I'll return tomorrow. 



No comments: