Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday - Greens, Water and Less Drama

Life seems to save the harder things to throw at you until you are old enough to be able to deal with them. At least that's what it seems like. Of course, we had the identity theft issue that started a few months ago. We're still dealing with ramifications of that and other entities, thank goodness for Life Lock and Experian because they're doing a good job with notification and shut-down procedures. 



Several large-ticket expenses over the past few months have
been a kick. Still, we have to drive safe vehicles, so no real
choices in the matter. 



Then over the past three months we had the tire issue for my car and the muffler issue for DH's. That caused a bit of financial groaning, but at least the repairs were something that could be resolved in a day. We picked DH's car up picked last night. My tires were more expensive than his muffler, but not by much. It's a hit to our bank accounts, but we now have two safe cars to drive for a while. DH says that's the last major money he's willing to put into the Saturn. He's starting to get more and more serious about buying a smaller truck. 



The outdoor pool is ready to go. It opens on Saturday
and I'll be swimming in it often throughout the summer,
and on every Saturday since the indoor pool is closed
on weekends. 



In April we had the one identity theft issue, and going in-depth through our reports over the past two weeks, I put alerts on several "sniffs" of credit cards that I found there that we had not initiated. I think we caught these in time too, but it's quite obvious that I'll have to keep my eye on it. DH complains, but he's unable to do the work with the credit report bureaus because it upsets him so much, so that task falls to me. What a surprise - LOL! 



I love the variety of greens we get in the spring. Here's a quick
shot of the trees around my gym, taken at the same time as
the pool photos in the other pictures today. 



The best news is that Spring is finally here and quickly moving to Summer. Spring means spring greens. We only get the variety of green colors in our plants early on before the summer heat has painted everything in a shimmer of increased uniformity. I adore the early greens and their variety. It makes me want to reach for my paints or pastels. 



Ir's not too bad a photo for being taken through the
chain linked fencing. The outdoor pool is Olympic
sized - 50 meters long. Sixteen laps of this will give
me my mile. I'm really looking forward to playing
in these waters. 



The outdoor pool is almost ready. It opens on Saturday and I'll be there (along with lots of other people, I'm sure). We're supposed to be experiencing a heat wave over the weekend too, so that outdoor water will be a delight. I've peppered my post today with green trees and some dawn shots of the outdoor pool that I took as I was leaving the gym yesterday morning. Have a glorious Wednesday and I'll be back tomorrow. 


No comments: