Friday, May 25, 2018

It's A Stormy Day

I actually had a little bit of time yesterday afternoon and took advantage to catch up with the past two months of posts by some friends around the world. It was wonderful to slot back into what's been happening in their lives once more. I had really missed them and their every-day news. I hope I don't fall as far behind again! 



I took the time yesterday to catch up on blog posts by several
friends, going back a few months. I'm going to try and catch
up on a few other friends later today if time permits. I've
missed reading daily and keeping up with friends throughout
the world. 



This morning I was awakened before 3:00 am by lines of fast-moving but severe thunderstorms passing overhead. Since my alarm was set to go off less than 30 minutes later, I acceded to the inevitable and gave up on sleep. After checking to make sure we didn't have any leaks or problem areas, I started work on my emails and blog. I haven't heard DH up and roaming around, checking doors and windows. For once, he must be getting a good night's sleep. 



We've had heavy rains and lightning from the storm we're
getting right now. I love the lightning in this photo - so
incredible! 



Two major thoughts were running through my head when I awakened to serious rain and wind. (1) I'm really happy that it's not early April because the snow from this would be massive, and (2) thank goodness it's not Saturday because they'd have a crowd of people wanting to swim outdoors, but would have to open the indoor pool instead because of the lightning. Simple things, but that's what life is all about, isn't it? 



All of those little grains of sand can make a
stunning beach. Big things can be overwhelming,
but those little things can be the perfect size. 



Life is a serious of little things that build up into large and momentous things. A chance meeting and conversation can lead to a life-long friendship or the love of one's life. A road detour can take you through a neighborhood you're unfamiliar with and you'll see the house of your dreams, or even just a front yard of flowers that will make your heart happy. Big things are important and monumental, but it's the little things that give those big things the stability to be our personal castle walls. 



I won't turn into a puddle, but I'd rather not get my work
clothes wet. I might not have much of a choice, though. 



On that note, I'm going to begin my Friday by trying to not melt while waiting for the gym doors to be unlocked. I think there's another storm coming in right around 4:45 am, so I could very well be just as wet standing outside as I will be in the pool. Have an excellent Friday and if your Memorial Day weekend begins today, enjoy that extra day off. 


No comments: