Tuesday, May 29, 2018

It Was A Great Holiday Weekend

DH and I had a wonderful 2-day holiday weekend. We spent a lot of time sitting on the new patio and enjoying the plants in the terraces surrounding us. It was relaxing and beautiful. We did take time out early Sunday morning and went to see "Avengers - Infinity War" which I loved. It's a shake-up, and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go from here, but I really enjoyed it. It does leave the viewer hanging, although I don't consider that a problem. 



Avengers - Infinity War had a huge cast and a story with a broad
scope. It was fun seeing the many super heroes all gathering
together to fight. It pulled together so many different story lines
in the Marvel universe. 



Monday late afternoon was hot - really, really hot! We had the earliest 100 F degree day in the past five years. If it had been later in the season, it would have been dreadful. It wasn't a piece of cake this time either, but our humidity was low and that made a difference. 



It was a hot weekend and we're still going to be in
the 90's today. It's really early in the season for
us to have temps this hot. 



A line of thunderstorms popped in the southeast metro in late evening, and the humidity suddenly increased. The hot now became rather cloying. Even though the west metro got some nice rain, we only got the thunder and the sticky air. 



No snow is left, even the huge mountains of snow left
in some of the large parking lots. Often some of that snow
will last until mid-June, but it's all gone now. The
heat has blasted it all away. 



Although we do have air conditioning at home, we never run it. We live with fans and are usually OK. I hung out in the relative cool of the lower levels of the house, and my fan by my bed is set perfectly to keep me cool, but not blow directly on me. So, even if it was a bit sticky overnight, we managed. 



With heat comes melting. Time to get my chocolates into
the refrigerator. It won't be as convenient, but they
won't be a puddle of goo either. 



We're in a heat warning for today too, which will make several days in a row in the upper 90's and low 100's. It's a bit early for all of this, so I'm really grateful that today I'll be in the pool and then at the shop. I have A/C at the shop and I'll be needing it. Have a great Tuesday, be kind to one another, I'll be back tomorrow (unless I melt away from the heat). 


No comments: