Saturday, May 19, 2018

Fashion and a Royal Wedding

Contrary to my usual practice, I have the television on behind me and am turning around now and again to watch guests arrive at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle for the Royal Wedding. The guest list is eclectic and broad - friends, family (of course), and lots of people from a variety of charities and good causes as well as the entertainment industry. I've seen Oprah Winfrey, the Beckhams, the Clooneys, and have heard interviews with a variety of people fronting charitable causes such as AIDS awareness and saving wonderful rare beasts  - the rhinoceros in the current case. Lots of spring dresses, interesting hats, and a festive tone. 



Amal and George Clooney. Amal is resplendent in yellow, in
a dress designed by Stella McCartney. Like several others,
she has a light veil draping down from her hat. 



The weather couldn't be much better in Windsor today. It's sunshine and happy birds throughout, and the variety of colors of dresses and waistcoats lend to the general festive air. I'm not writing a lot today because I'm having far too much fun looking at the fashion. Of course the designer for the wedding dress is still under wraps, but there is hard speculation that it is Stella McCartney. I'm enjoying the colors - so many wonderful colors. Lots of smiles too - it's lovely to have a positive occasion for a change, instead of the large helpings of bad news that seem to be the focus lately. 



David and Victoria Beckham made a stunning
couple, as usual. I love Victoria's choice of
a soft navy blue, and her hat is simply
perfect. The straight neckline on her dress
along with the asymmetric hem makes
it an interesting style. 



I think back to my second trip to England when Sharon and I visited Windsor and toured through St George's Chapel. It's lovely to see places that I've been on the television. It brings things to a more personal level even though my trip there was more than 30 years ago. 



Oprah Winfrey looked lovely in a pale
pink dress with a wide brimmed hat. 



I'm really delighted watching the guests arrive, walking in high heels up the cobblestones - not an easy feat. The hats always interest me and there are some great ones. Serena Williams looks tremendous and I love her fascinator so much. Prince Charles is now arriving, and Sarah, Duchess of York. So family members are starting to show up. I'll miss the actual wedding - I'll be in the pool, but I'm sure I'll see clips of it for years to come. 



Pippa Middleton and James Matthews arrived in
Robin's egg blue with a lovely print. The clothing
at the wedding, from a large variety of guests,
is a bit less formal and a bit more fun. 



Happy day to all - I'm going to see what I can find for photos and head out of here. I wish the best to the new bride and groom (as well as to anyone else getting married today throughout the world). May their lives together be happy, and may their actions with others be helpful and caring. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back on Monday. 



No comments: