Monday, May 21, 2018

A Bit More Royal Wedding, And Yes - I Messed Up!

The world is still buzzing a bit about the Royal Wedding. I really liked the wedding dress - simple lines, lovely fabric, and beautifully styled. Just what I would expect from Givenchy. That incredible 16.5 foot tulle veil was quite the item also. I'm glad it was tulle because it was light and airy, and the 53 different hand-embroidered flowers along the sides and bottom were a great touch. It was a bit over the top, but I approved (not that Meghan would give a darn about an elderly lady in the Frozen Northlands approving of her choice of wedding gown). It was a lovely wedding, although the actual event I had to catch on rebroadcast since I was in the swimming pool. 



The dress was simple and lovely and looked
very comfortable to wear. She looked absolutely
radiant and stunning. 



A couple of people mentioned that Victoria Beckham's dress in the photo I posted was a rehash of something she had worn several years before. One comment wondered if the photo I had chosen was from a different event. I was actually watching a live feed of the wedding from the BBC when I first saw the outfit, I then went hunting to find a photo to share with all of you. BUT ... I actually found the wrong photo so - my bad! See the proper one a bit farther down and please accept my apologies for the misleading image! 



I think of all the hats and fascinators I saw at the Royal
Wedding, I liked that worn by Serena Williams the
best. She looked lovely in a peach wrap dress, but
her fascinator was what I loved. It suited her
beautifully and wasn't ridiculous in concept. 



Now that wedding madness is finally over, we can settle down to our own mayhem. I have a bit over two weeks before my annual trip to Milwaukee, I suppose I'd better read the supply lists for the classes I'm taking and get my tools packed. I'm not doing any serious metalwork this time, so I don't have to take my full portable workshop along (thank goodness!). I'll be packing light this time, for a change. That's quite rare for me. 



My bad! This is the navy that Victoria Beckham wore to the Royal Wedding.
That's what happens when I'm in a rush and trying to catch that
perfect shot of fashion for all of you. Mea Culpa!!!



My friend Silver Trails wrote a birthday fiction for me and I've been so swamped with work that I haven't had a chance to read it yet! I promise, my dear. I'll get to that this week! I did notice that you wrote it for me and I'm so thrilled for such a thoughtful gift. 



And one more photo of the Beckhams at the Royal Wedding. They
make a stunning couple, don't they? 



DH and I spent quite a while at our local Home Depot store yesterday, shopping for a few annuals to give the garden some instant color, as well as fertilizer and weed killers for the lawn. He needs to get a load of black dirt ordered and moved to continue with the backyard project for this year, but work schedules haven't been working out well for him, and the days he'll probably have off this week are promising rain. Moving 6 tons of dirt in fine weather is one thing, moving that much in the rain only makes everything much harder. 

So there you have it - it's a Monday with all that entails. I'm hoping it's the beginning of a good week, but who knows? Anything can happen. I wish all of you the best of days, though. The week should always start out on a good note. 


No comments: