Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Thanksgiving Thanks A Day Early

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the USA, and in case I don't get a chance to go on-line tomorrow, I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. 


Thanksgiving Day dinners differ by the family, but often feature a roasted
turkey with stuffing and lots of side dishes. Every family seems to have
their own "must haves" for their Thanksgiving Day meal. 



I'll be doing the usual - cooking up a very large (16.5 pound) bird in my small oven, then adding side dishes like stuffing, cranberries, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and green beans for a wonderful, calorie-filled meal. We'll have pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. Then we'll just roll ourselves downstairs and probably play Lord of the Rings Online for a few hours while we digest. 




Our Black Friday and Small Business Saturday sales cut our prices down
even more than usual. Savvy customers know that they get a bargain
on these two days, and each of the days offers discounts on different types
of items, so often they come to shop each day. 



Friday is Black Friday and Saturday is Small Business Saturday. I only offer two store-wide sales a year, and these two days are the first one. My customers have grown accustomed to seeing our sale e-flyer in their in-boxes and we're usually nicely busy for the weekend. We count on this sale and our after-Christmas sale to bring in sales dollars and end our year on a high note. I'm hoping we'll have a good two-day sale again this year. 


The knotted pearl strand my customer is having me redo for her
is quite lovely and 42 inches long. That's a lot of knots and a
lot of restringing. It took me 2-1/2 hours to cut the old strand
apart pearl by pearl to pre-string them in preparation for
knotting a new necklace together. Repairs are fun, but this one
is time consuming. Still, I'll get some decent money for the repair. 



But today is Wednesday - my "day off" and while doing my many loads of laundry, changing the linens and picking up the pie for tomorrow (no - I don't bake because Baker's Square makes such a fantastic pumpkin pie), I'll be working like mad on my holiday cards. There's still so much to do and I'm totally running out of time. I also have my basement crossed with stretched silk and pearls for a pearl restring of a 42" knotted pearl strand. It's a bit dangerous to be walking around my basement right now with so many feet of fine silk stretched across the room just above head height. Laundry might be made more interesting because of that particular repair. 


Thanks to each of you for being a friend. It means a lot
to me that you take a few minutes of your day to read
and sometimes comment on my silly daily blog. *hugs*



I'm thankful for many things, but among the top few are all of you - my on-line friends and daily companions. I write my blog to wake up, bring my thoughts into order, and start my day productively, but the fact that it also gets read, commented on, and sometimes touches across the miles makes me very happy. Thank you, all of you. 

Have an excellent Wednesday and a glorious Thanksgiving Day tomorrow. I'll be back on Friday, groaning from eating too much on Thursday, I'm sure. 


No comments: