Friday, November 24, 2017

I Ate Too Much But It Was Worth It

OK, like the rest of the USA, I ate too much yesterday. But it was SOOOOO good. The turkey was roasted almost perfectly, certainly within my top five over the years, and DH handled all of the other fixings - stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and his Dad's famous cheese-covered baked broccoli, With a slice of pumpkin pie a few hours later for dessert, we were both full to bursting.


I adore Bakers Square Harvest Pumpkin Pie. I used to bake my own pies,
but they're so good, I just pay them the money and take it home. December's
pie is my absolute favorite though - their Candy Cane Pie! NUMMY!!!



Sunday will be our final Sunday off before the Christmas holiday, and DH decided he wanted to see Justice League at the cinema, so we'll head over there on Sunday morning to watch our second movie in two weeks! This is a rarity for us - generally he prefers DVDs because they have captioning. With his hearing loss, captions are almost a requirement. But, he wants to see it in the cinema, so I made him a deal. I bought the tickets, he's responsible for buying waters and a large popcorn for us to munch on.


I'm looking forward to seeing Justice League on Sunday. It's not supposed
to be as good as Thor Ragnarok, but it'll be entertaining. I love
Wonder Woman and I think Aquaman will also be great fun. 



I spent Thanksgiving Day (between getting up every half-hour to baste the turkey) painting with my distressed inks. My holiday cards this year have required a lot of painting. I painted the exterior image a few weeks ago, and spent yesterday working on the interior element and the special gift that many of you will be getting. I love how each one is just that little bit different from the others, although the basic image is the same. I have to ramp up my intensity, the clock is ticking and these have to be in the mail soon.


Our e-flyer went out to more than 1500 customers. I know I won't
have that many coming through the door, but I also know that our
two-day after Thanksgiving Day sales do bring customers in to
take advantage of the bargains. 



Today is Black Friday, followed tomorrow by Small Business Saturday. We're running sales at the store (along with every other store in the nation *sigh*) and hope to have some good sales numbers by the end of the weekend. It's hard to say, but the deals we offer on these two days are pretty good, so we do get people counting on our annual e-flyer and planning a trip to see us. The key is balance - we want good sales, but we only are a staff of three, so I always hope for just the right number of customers shopping at any one time.

I hope your Thanksgiving Day or your Thursday was wonderful. I put on two pounds from the meal, but I'll be back swimming in a hour and it'll be off again in no time. Have an excellent Friday, and if you're out shopping, I hope you find everything you're looking for.


No comments: