Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving and FINAL Holiday Card Call-Out

I love Thanksgiving, and hate it at the same time. DH was at the store yesterday, so I had him pick up one thing that I knew we needed, just to avoid having to shop on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. BUT, I realized last night that there is one more thing that I will run out of before Friday and so I have to get it today. I'll make a special trip, very early this morning to pick up that single item. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a quick in/out of the grocery store.



I really liked this little math problem. Practical math makes
more sense than problems that aren't grounded in reality. I'd
say with three bags of flour, however, Grandmother could
make a lot more than a single apple pie! 



I'll be in high gear tomorrow for my "day off" working on my holiday cards. I'm hoping to pound my list of recipients into shape tonight, so please message me if you want one of my cards but haven't sent a confirming message with your address to me. I don't want to lose you in the mix. There are a couple of people I haven't heard from who I might contact directly. I haven't had time to do a final count of respondents yet, and I'm short my normal 50 by a few, so I'll be watching every name. But if you contact me, I'll make sure you're on the list and get a card.








But, as I said, tomorrow will be a day of "Full steam ahead" to get as much done as I possibly can. I still have my Wednesdays off to finalize the cards, but time is running short and I need them to hit the mail ASAP, especially for my foreign friends. Mail delivery across the pond to my various friends isn't as quick as sending things to the next state or city here in the USA. I'm very happy with how they are turning out, though and I'm getting excited watching them come together.



I love this "Early Bird" image from 1916. The envelope itself
is postmarked from 1930, though, so I'm not sure how the two
elements actually relate in time. 



I hope you have a wonderful and productive Tuesday. I'm sure things will fall into place for me soon - or not. ... LOL. One thing's for sure, I'll be in the pool in an hour and everything is better from the other side of my morning swim.



No comments: