Monday, November 20, 2017

Thor Ragnarok - Go See It!

It's Thanksgiving Week, and on Thursday I'll be cooking a bird and watching football instead of posting in my blog. Sometimes sleep and family time has to be pushed ahead of greeting friends and familiars around the world. But we're still on schedule for all of the other days this week. 



Thor: Ragnarok was wonderful, entertaining, and funny. I loved
watching it and am so glad I talked DH into going with me. 



Yesterday DH and I did a rare thing - we went to breakfast and then to the cinema together to see "Thor: Ragnarok". Both of us really enjoyed the film, although I munched my way through an ENORMOUS bucket of popcorn. Afterward DH said that he heard about 50% of the movie. We'll have to get it on DVD and watch it again so that he can have captioning. Still, even with his sound issues, he enjoyed the film. 


Dr Strange and Thor interact in London - a moment of "calm" before
the next storm. It was beautiful to see what Dr Strange could do
to a god, and just fun to watch his intereaction with Loki. 



I loved it - all of it. After mulling it over, though, I think I liked the segments with Dr Strange the best. It was such fun seeing Dr Strange in a different setting. "Justice League" opened this weekend and a lot of people were going to see that, but I hear the reviews are poor and the ratings aren't very positive. I guess Marvel has the movie franchise wrapped up. 


Black Panther is part of the "Avengers" universe and the trailer
for the upcoming film looked excellent. I'm looking forward to
seeing it and hope it's as good as others in the franchise. 




Oh! And one of the preview clips they showed was for "Black Panther" and it looked really good! It's nice to have a super hero of color, so I'm really looking forward to February when the film will be released. 


Cate Blanchett totally rocks the crazy headdress and lycra skin suit
of Hela, Goddess of Death in Thor: Ragnarok. She's totally
nailed the attitude ad the personality spins of the character. Well done! 




So, on a light and fluffy note - go see "Thor: Ragnarok" for a good movie. Yes, it's fantastical and surreal, but that's what the movies are all about. It's exciting, there's lots of "bangs" and "booms" and fire in it, and there are individual characters of interest. Cate Blanchett is superior as Hela, I loved Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, and Jeff Goldblum was perfectly cast as the Grand Master. 


Jeff Goldblum was perfectly cast as the "Grand Master" in
Thor: Ragnarok. I haven't had so much fun with him in a
movie since the Jurassic Park franchise. 



When we got home, we saw the rest of our football game - our team won, so we're very happy about that. Finally pizza for dinner capped off a happy Sunday - the last Sunday off I'll have until after Christmas. Time to put my retail nose to the grindstone and hope that our 2-day After Thanksgiving Sale and our 3- or 4-day End of the Year Sale (haven't decided the absolute length of the sale yet) bring in some money to cap off our year. 

Happy Monday, everyone! I'm off to the pool to lose the three pounds I gained yesterday. OUCH! 


No comments: