Wednesday, August 16, 2017

A Very Crowded Day!

It's a busy day for me today, and it just got busier *sigh*. Interspersed with my usual "day off" errands and laundry and housecleaning, come three other things that must be worked on - well, maybe four things.


Monster Tree did fine for us last year when we had them take down
five trees for us. This time we only need one taken down, but it's
a bit tricky and we have a tight time schedule. I'm hoping they can
sandwich it in to another job and that it won't cost us six arms
and a leg to get done. 


(1) I have a 10:00 am meeting with John, my tree guy, for a quote to remove that one tree we need gone before the landscaping begins. This is IMPORTANT and a meeting that I cannot miss.





The On/Off switch for DH's computer is broken. I'm sure it's
not much of a repair, but it's an important one. 


(2) DH's computer ON/OFF switch is broken. There is no resistance when the button is depressed, it's like stroking a ghost. I left a text message for my Computer Guru last night, but haven't heard back from him yet. I'm hoping to dash up there around 7:00 am to get a quick fix and then dash back again in time to open the store and then meet with John. That schedule may not be possible, but I'm hoping.


I really need to give the bathroom walls
a good scrub in the bathroom that Sharon
uses most often. It's just surface dirt and
dust, but could use a good scrub. 


(3) I have to begin a serious housecleaning for Sharon's visit. I keep a clean house, and I can do things like vacuum closer to the date when she arrives, but I wanted to scrub down her bathroom and wash the small rug that I have in there, I also wanted to start a serious clean of the guest bedroom which usually ends up as a storeroom for us during the year.


I'm not sure if you can see the shimmer in the paper, but I have paper
similar to this for this year's holiday cards. The shimmer card stock
and envelopes is really subtle but fun, it may be challenging to
get my designs to fuse with the paper, though. I need to experiment. 


(4) I got my order of paper goods for my holiday cards and I really want to try a couple of experiments to see if my visions will actually work on the type of card stock I purchased. If it won't, I'll have to order something else and push this paper aside for a year while I think of how best to use it. The trial isn't something that will take a super long time, but an hour in a crowded day can be a hard thing to pull together.

Then there are the usual things - getting gas (quite urgent), grocery shopping, cooking, four loads of laundry, my weekly convo with Aearwen, and I have to finalize how many State Fair tickets I actually need to buy. I'll buy those on Thursday or Friday morning on my way home from swimming. Geez! I'm exhausted just looking at this stupid list. Day off? Yeah. Right! Hope all of you have a more relaxing Wednesday than I'll be having! LOL.


No comments: