Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Electronics - My Own Personal Mountains to Climb

My Computer Guru simply rocks! He had DH's computer up and running within 1/2 hour and because it was such an old part that he had "just sitting on a shelf for the past year-and-a-half", he didn't even charge me. I agreed to read some inter-faith research he's been compiling, but that's no problem at all - it's actually interesting stuff that he's really gone in-depth with. Should be very different from my usual reading material.


Today's stage leaves the hills of central France and goes into the
"flats" in preparation for Wednesday and Thursday's challenge
of the Alps. We're getting down to the final few days and with
less than 30 seconds separating the top three riders, anything
can happen. 



I'm putting today's Le Tour de France out into the world right now before returning to the next step in my electronic issues. Today we're moving into the flats before hitting the first of two days in the Alps tomorrow. Today is the final sprinter's stage, with a good run into the final kilometers for the stage win. The peaks along the way are only Cat 3 and Cat 4, so not the challenge of the past week or of the days to come. It should be a good day.

Now - to continue the electronics saga. The new video card works beautifully, but refused to recognize DH's old monitor - so I ended up pulling my monitor over and giving that to him. He hates it - it's bigger and wider - but he'll have to deal. That left the new monitor that I purchased as an emergency "just in case" on Saturday for me. EXCEPT, it uses a different connection to the CPU and I don't have an adapter plug. *sigh* The plugs are common, and I was sure I had one or more than one, but I can't put my hands on it. So, the new monitor is sitting in the other room waiting for me to pick up an adapter at the office supply company this morning. Hopefully I can get everything properly connected tonight and have two functional computers once again. Then my only problem will be the fact that my printer seems to have decided not to communicate with either computer. OY!

Have a wonderful Tuesday and think kind thoughts while I wrestle with my varied electronic devices. I'm seeing the finish line, but I'm not quite there yet.


No comments: