Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mountains - The Alps Finally Are Here!

It's pretty obvious, at this time of the year, that I'm a total Le Tour de France geek. I'm glued to the TV or live feed, I'm mired in trivia, and I live for the mountains. As the Tour winds down to Sunday's ride into Paris, I'm excited because - the Alps! Today is the first of two days in the Alps. These massive mountains break the Tour wide open every year. This year won't be an exception. I can hardly wait!


There are some stellar peaks on today's stage, ending with Col du
Galibier. I remember Andy Schleck climbing this monster in 2011,
and the Tour hasn't been here since that year. It's a beast of a climb
and will absolutely add time gaps. With only 29 seconds separating
the top four riders, this year's winner is very much up for grabs. 



I'll have errands today, of course, but I'll also have the TV on in the background. Usually Wednesdays are filled with rebroadcasts of the Tour, so what I miss on the first run, I'll catch on subsequent ones. Just look at that stage profile - I'm so excited!

The new monitor is a Lenovo, similar to this. After I got an adapter
plug for my video card, it turned on right away and works great. It's
larger than my previous monitor so I may have to change my resolution
later on, but I'll keep the settings as they are right now. The colors
are great and there's no lag, so it's all golden! 


In electronic news, I got an adapter plug for my new monitor and it's set up and running beautifully. Today's electronic hurdle is to find out why my printer isn't printing on command. I suspect I'll have to pull it completely out of the network and then get it set up from scratch. I recall that as having been a PITA initially, but I need a functional printer - it's NOT an option.


I really hate dealing with networking issues. I've conquered
them before and I'll do so again, but it's never an easy fix for
me. I have three different computers that have to link with
this printer and right now, it's not happening. GRRRR. 


So, as usual in my life, it's three steps forward and one step back. Here's hoping all of you have a really wonderful Wednesday. Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow for Day 2 of the Alps! Yippee!


No comments: