Saturday, June 24, 2017

Landscaping, Wood and a Birthday

It's the weekend and I'm running late. I'll be swimming in the 50-meter pool today and it'll be a cold run in and out from the building - our temps are in the upper 50's F (approx 13.8 C), about ten degrees lower than we normally are at this time of the year. But it makes for great sleeping weather, so I'm not complaining. The water will be warm so as soon as I get moving, I'll be just fine.


Maybe we should make our firewood piles into artwork like this example?
At least it would be something interesting to look at, but I'm not sure I'd
have the patience to construct this type of art. 



We'll be taking several loads of old firewood to the landfill tomorrow. DH moved a huge stack of wood that we had been accumulating for years to the upper yard in preparation for grading the lower yard. I have calls out to two landscapers for quotes for their grading services, but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully this can be scheduled soon so that we can move on with the project.


Happy Birthday to my friend Aearwen. I'm thinking lots of positive
thoughts for you and Bill. 


So, short and sweet today. Have a really fantastic weekend and I'll be back on Monday. Oh, and a shout-out to my friend Aearwen for her birthday. It's been a really tough year for her, so my birthday wish is that this coming year is easier and happier. *Hugs* and birthday balloons for her.


No comments: