Thursday, May 25, 2017

Yesterday Was Hectic

Yesterday was a hectic morning followed by a busy but more relaxing afternoon and topped by a lovely conversation with Aearwen in the late p.m. Frankly, it was just about perfect. Today, however, it's back to the grind for me with product to pack, things to get out onto the sales floor, customers to help, and the general stuff required to operate a business. I didn't get a chance to write at all yesterday, so I'll have to try and get some miracles going. I had one excellent day that got me at least half-way through my SWG challenge for the month, but time's ticking and I leave town in less than two weeks for the Bead & Button Show.


This photo, from a previous year, shows the crowded ballroom for the annual
"Meet the Teachers" event. Previously always held on a Wednesday night
before the show sales floor opened, this year it has been moved to
Friday night, right in the middle of the market days. It will change the
dynamics a bit for this event. 



I'll be taking my laptop along with me because it's mandatory - I have to have it just in case something comes up at the shop. Although I'll be in classes each day and will also have a peppering of evening events to attend, I will still be working on-line because I have stories that have to be worked on and possibly submitted while I'm in my hotel room, exhausted. It's not the best solution to my deadlines, but it may be my only choice. I'll try to roll with the punches.


I'm starting to look forward to my road trip. I really need the break
from the shop and customers, and I need some time to myself to
get my personal balance back. Plus - I love driving all around the
countryside. It's always a lot of fun for me. 


My car passed yesterday's appointment for oil change, recall work and general check-over with flying colors. That's a good thing because I don't want to be driving across states without a reliable car. It's the little things like "no mechanical issues" that I like to have happen when I'm going on a trip. Taking everything into consideration, things are starting to line up.

"No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted." - Aesop



So today it's back to normal in a world that seems to be quickly going insane and reaching its tipping point. I'm delighted to join my 5:00 am group while we wait for the YMCA doors to be unlocked. Have a wonderful Thursday, think positive thoughts, and as always, remember that one small deed of kindness can ripple farther than you might ever imagine.


No comments: