Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Fantasy Books and Schedules

Today's swim is a no-go, not because of weather or injury, but because I have an appointment to get my car looked over (and a recall repaired) before I leave for my trip to Milwaukee in early June. I wanted to get my appointment out of the way as early as possible, so I'll be there at the doors at 6:30 am. But the dealership is quite a distance from home, so swimming had to be sacrificed. Oh well, it's just one day, and I'll be back getting wet and getting a good workout tomorrow.


DH is looking for some fantasy book recommendations. Do you have any
resources to recommend? 


Sending out a query to all of my book-reading friends. DH wants to find more fantasy books (the genre he loves to read) but he's a bit clueless about computers, etc. I recommended Goodreads to him, but he huffed. Although I'm a member of Goodreads, I get most of my recommendations from various book review websites specializing in the genre I prefer to read. I'm wondering if there is a list of 20-50 of the top rated fantasy novels of the past year available anywhere? Does Amazon have such a thing? I can cull through Goodreads for him and set up an account with his email addy, but don't want to go to the trouble if it won't do what he needs. ADVICE?


Apparently there is a website I can recommend to him. He can at least
look through the listings and the book descriptions to figure out whether
a book will be of interest to him or not. Love the things I can find on-line - LOL.


Today will be a very busy one, so I'm going to dive right into it. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and a stellar day in general. I'll be back on schedule tomorrow.


No comments: