Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Life Goes On - Successes and Flowers

Did you hear that "squeak"? That was me squeaking in just under the deadline for this month's SWG Challenge story. Due today, I posted it last night after writing it in bits and spurts over the past month. It's a ridiculous way to have to write a single story, but better that way than not at all. So, another one bites the dust. I can't wait to read what the next challenge topic will be - I'll be fighting a different deadline for the May/June tale - the posting deadline will be during my annual trip to Bead and Button, so I'll have to push things up because internet access there is always spotty and very slow.



It was tight and right to the deadline, but I got my
SWG Challenge Story posted last night. If you get
a chance to read it, it's called "An Education in Stone"
and features my favorite sculptor - Nerdanel. 



Today starts Week Three of my foot healing. Yes, the damned toe still hurts, but the multi-color swatch of bruised skin seems to be settling down to a more normal palette. It's my day off today, so of course I have errands to run, laundry to do, and personal projects to work at. I don't spend a lot of time contemplating, I just dive right in.


I don't stand around waiting for things to happen, I just
dive in and see if I can swim. Usually I'm OK doing it
that way, but sometimes I need DH to throw me a kick board. 


During this last flight from LJ, I ended up with a lot of friends shifting over to Dreamwidth. Although I post there too, and know that some of my friends are also posting there, I'm not getting their posts on my daily message board notifications over there. It's frustrating, but I guess I'll have to live with it - no choice. I've massaged my own settings as much as possible and that doesn't seem to be making any difference, so I'll stick with what works, take what comes, and try to enjoy my quieter LJ.


I saw this while photo browsing this morning and had to
share it. So true! Go for it today. Do something wonderful
for yourself. 



Up here in the Frozen Northlands, I'm super happy and very bouncy. The flowering trees are at their peak, the lilacs are almost ready to pop, and tulips decorate yards everywhere with their colorful heads standing so proudly. It's a great time to be out and about, and I plan to enjoy every errand I have to run today!


I adore lilacs - their beauty and their sweet scent. It's a part
of spring that always makes me very happy. I noticed on Monday
that the lilacs are almost ready to burst open. Happiness! 


Have a super happy Wednesday and enjoy your day. Feed a duck or two if you can - ducks need love too and they have little fuzzy ducklings to take care of.


No comments: